Blown Turbo CM870
08-29-2019, (Subject: Blown Turbo CM870 ) 
RE: Blown Turbo CM870
i've never had any CEL issues, and i keep a close eye on the boost, it never goes over 40.
i guess mostly i'm just looking for cause of failure, idk what the life expectancy normally would be for these things. I don't like the paranoid feeling that its not working right, and i'll be another $4000 down the drain!!! lol.

Also, i see on Cummins Quick serve today when i logged in that Cummins will not longer warranty turbos and or turbo charger control units, unless they are diagnosed and installed by a certified Cummins shop. I'm assuming that if you have programmed eng, as soon as the shop attempts to diagose or repair and they see that, you'll be sent packing. So basically there's no warranty from here on out. I did get warranty last fall on the turbo control unit, and they gave me a new one.
replyreply
I would still call YTS in Griffin GA... I have had two reman Cummins turbos (871), both were slobbering oil right out of the box. My YTS has been trouble free and no slobber, knock on wood.
replyreply
(08-29-2019 )tsolson Wrote:  ...
idk what the life expectancy normally would be for these things.

average is 400k+ on a re-man.

I have one and it has now 720k on it (replaced with a re-man at 580k miles, truck now has 1.3 million) and still strong. <- i do however take good care of it too though.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I don't recommend you after market turbo.
I had two after market turbo and bought of them failed.
I didn't save money. And last time I purchased turbo from dealer and didn't have any problems already 2 years
replyreply
i tried calling YTS this morning from my cell phone but the number said it was international, and i didn't have international calling on my phone. the number came up as Puerto Rico, so maybe the hurricane moved it to Georgia??? lol. I was on the road so i'll call them when i get back to the office tomorrow.
replyreply
(08-29-2019 )tsolson Wrote:  i tried calling YTS this morning from my cell phone but the number said it was international, and i didn't have international calling on my phone. the number came up as Puerto Rico, so maybe the hurricane moved it to Georgia??? lol. I was on the road so i'll call them when i get back to the office tomorrow.

he is from poutro-rico, so that may actually be correct. i know he's in Georgia though, down the road from me a few miles.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.