New to me 09 prostar
08-21-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
RE: New to me 09 prostar
The faster you drive, the more of an effect it has. We have that same gap behind our cab, only ever drive 55 - 57, and can still break 12-14 mpg+ easily on flat ground with a 53-foot dry-box trailer with nothing in it. At those speeds and that efficiency, I doubt that even if it were closed up by some over-priced product, it would not make much measurable difference.

That gap only starts to hurt your mpg in a measurable way at higher speeds like 65+. On the other hand, a mid-roof truck pulling a dry-box is a problem at all speeds.

I hear that brainwashing crap off the talk shows on the XM radio too. -- Air-tab this and after-market mod that ,... and bla. bla. bla. bla. -- on it drones over and over, sucking your wallet dry faster than anything it can make up for.

I got an idea,.. want to save fuel the most? -- make the truck last its longest? --- SLOW THE HELL DOWN! and plan your trips better so that you can drive slower and don't have to stop. It costs you nothing and puts more money into your pocket than anything else you can possibly do.

--- and we don't haul light freight ...
./uploads/201608/post_2_1471780034_d84cfc670319f88914345492798780e2.jpeg

(from the bottom up)...
Missouri to New Mexico - 8.205 mpg in 813 miles.
Nm to Az - 9.192 mpg in 505 miles.
Az to Ca - 8.90 mpg in 879 miles.
... and on it goes.

Those are real numbers, real freight, 53-foot dry-box trailers thast are not the best maintained, and typical application.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-05-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
Well what a weak....left Sat for Nashville to pick up the trailer i bought 2005 Fontain combo with 4 tool boxes and a dunnage rack in realy nice shape one owner then off to Louisville to Orientation with Mercer the trailer passed no problems the tractor needed front shocks and had a leaking wheel seal got them fixed down in Louisville,,,,all done late Friday afternoon I decided to head to Boston Empty Because i am getting married on Saturday and the time line to get a load on Tuesday- deliver it and get to the house and get things ready for the wedding was to close so home i went The truck gave me no problems the APU is a differant story first the fuel pump died I called thermo King they wanted $450 to send out a tec to diagnose the problem i already knew it was the fuel pump....I called the local parts store and got a MR Gasget 12 volt pump that works great that i was all set then the bolt for the alternator broke i removed that drilled it out then put a nut and bolt in...reinstalled the alternator it wasn't charging found a local alternator/starter shop and bought a 90 amp unit...it wasn't charging GRRRRR got my meter out and started testing and the small wire that goes to the regulator with the diode in it was broken fixed that and all set....
replyreply
09-05-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
(06-08-2016 )overshot Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  If it were mine the first thing i'd do would be check the history on insite. if the number was ok id do the egr tune up as explained by Rawze. He has many youtube videos that will show you what to do. If #'s are high then Id be looking at the mandate fix........ If you are in Georgia we would be glad to look at that for you and IM sure gearhead or unilevers would do the same.

You're a good man.
You made good recommendations.
And didn't try pressure him into the mandate fix.

Mr Hagg is the best their is. They don't come any better.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.