New to me 09 prostar
06-09-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
RE: New to me 09 prostar
(06-08-2016 )overshot Wrote:  
(06-08-2016 )Billdozer2 Wrote:  While pretty much every member here will say to get Insite, which you should, I have Insite and I am only 30 miles from Boston. If you want to check the regen history and ECM history now, I could swing by if you want. That way you don't have to wait a week or so for Insite to get delivered to you.

Heck of a guy to offer to help him out.

that would be great can you send me your number or i will send you my number
replyreply
06-09-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
thats greeat i would like to do that if you could pm me your number i will call you are you going to the truck show in Brockton on Sunday??
replyreply
07-12-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
Sorry for the late reply i would like to thank BILLDOZER for coming down to Boston and hooking my truck up to his computer and retrieving my history for me the report was better than i thought it would be i have a pix on my phone of the results he also changed the setting to allow me to use my cruise to idle up the engine when stopped. and he wouldn't take any payment for this he is my HERO.....and i hope one day i can help him or someone else and pay it forward....UPDATE my truck is finally in the shop to get the frame s t r e t c h e d .....
replyreply
07-16-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
(07-12-2016 )earnies2 Wrote:  Sorry for the late reply i would like to thank BILLDOZER for coming down to Boston and hooking my truck up to his computer and retrieving my history for me the report was better than i thought it would be i have a pix on my phone of the results he also changed the setting to allow me to use my cruise to idle up the engine when stopped. and he wouldn't take any payment for this he is my HERO.....and i hope one day i can help him or someone else and pay it forward....UPDATE my truck is finally in the shop to get the frame s t r e t c h e d .....

frame stretched? how costly is that? and how much are you stretching it?
i would like to get mine stretched sometime in the future.
but i wouldn't want to go all the way to boston to get it done
replyreply
07-20-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
(07-16-2016 )overshot Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 )earnies2 Wrote:  Sorry for the late reply i would like to thank BILLDOZER for coming down to Boston and hooking my truck up to his computer and retrieving my history for me the report was better than i thought it would be i have a pix on my phone of the results he also changed the setting to allow me to use my cruise to idle up the engine when stopped. and he wouldn't take any payment for this he is my HERO.....and i hope one day i can help him or someone else and pay it forward....UPDATE my truck is finally in the shop to get the frame s t r e t c h e d .....

It's been a while since I helped him out. I think he said it was $3,500 to stretch it and I think he was going to stretch it 3 feet. I could be completely wrong, just trying to remember through all that beer in my brain.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
07-21-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
(07-20-2016 )Billdozer2 Wrote:  
(07-16-2016 )overshot Wrote:  

It's been a while since I helped him out. I think he said it was $3,500 to stretch it and I think he was going to stretch it 3 feet. I could be completely wrong, just trying to remember through all that beer in my brain.

thanks billdozer. stretching is something thinking about for the future.
replyreply
07-21-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
Why would anyone stretch the frame? I see the guys with 10 feet of frame rail and just shake my head. I know the west coast has some wacky bridge laws but on the east coast youre just asking for grief. I ran a 285 wb. W 900 and found more than one place I couldn't get into, there just wasn't enough room, period.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
07-23-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
(07-21-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  Why would anyone stretch the frame? I see the guys with 10 feet of frame rail and just shake my head. I know the west coast has some wacky bridge laws but on the east coast youre just asking for grief. I ran a 285 wb. W 900 and found more than one place I couldn't get into, there just wasn't enough room, period.

He was planning on stretching it because he is going to run flatbed. Because of that, he was going to get a rack installed on the back of the cab. Because of the rack, he would have to run the 5th wheel all the way to the back so the trailer would not run into the rack. This would also limit his adjustments for remaining legal with weights. He wasn't going to stretch it much. 2 or 3 feet I think was all he was planning.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
07-23-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
I would rather have onboard weight scales to have the loader shift my load legal while at customer. Too much freight goes thru the American borders in tiny yards without much room to maneuver.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.