New to me 09 prostar
08-05-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
RE: New to me 09 prostar
Sorry for the delay....been busy working ...Truck is almost complete frame was stretched 30" looks great just waiting on driveshaft....then i will bring it to the shop i work at and change the oil in the engine,trany and rears i think i will shim the oil pump....i will also install new rear brakes and drums also check the run out on the rear bearings then paint the frame install my headache rack add some lights a new fridge my CB and antenna along with the xm antenna then off to Nashville to pick up my Trailer then on to Louisville to sign on with Mercer.....Did i forget anything?
replyreply
08-05-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
Inframe
replyreply
08-06-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
(08-05-2016 )earnies2 Wrote:  Sorry for the delay....been busy working ...Truck is almost complete frame was stretched 30" looks great just waiting on driveshaft....then i will bring it to the shop i work at and change the oil in the engine,trany and rears i think i will shim the oil pump....i will also install new rear brakes and drums also check the run out on the rear bearings then paint the frame install my headache rack add some lights a new fridge my CB and antenna along with the xm antenna then off to Nashville to pick up my Trailer then on to Louisville to sign on with Mercer.....Did i forget anything?
Do they still require you to buy a trailer from them to sign on?
Just curious cause I looked at them a few years back. The recruiting guy told me I had to buy a trailer from them in order to sign on. I explained to him that I allready owned one and wouldn't need to buy but he said I could always just park the one I own if I wanted. Lol. No thanks by. And I hung up. They kept pestering me for several months after.
replyreply
(08-06-2016 )dbl overdrive Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 )earnies2 Wrote:  Sorry for the delay....been busy working ...Truck is almost complete frame was stretched 30" looks great just waiting on driveshaft....then i will bring it to the shop i work at and change the oil in the engine,trany and rears i think i will shim the oil pump....i will also install new rear brakes and drums also check the run out on the rear bearings then paint the frame install my headache rack add some lights a new fridge my CB and antenna along with the xm antenna then off to Nashville to pick up my Trailer then on to Louisville to sign on with Mercer.....Did i forget anything?
Do they still require you to buy a trailer from them to sign on?
Just curious cause I looked at them a few years back. The recruiting guy told me I had to buy a trailer from them in order to sign on. I explained to him that I allready owned one and wouldn't need to buy but he said I could always just park the one I own if I wanted. Lol. No thanks by. And I hung up. They kept pestering me for several months after.

Are you sure it wasnt trailer rental? They would do it that way if the did a lot of drop and hook. I would have hung up too. I would keep an eye on the rods and mains and consider doing them at 650k. Mine looked pretty crappy at 800k.
replyreply

You forgot to say that you wanted to bring it by Rawze's house and have him pick on it and find all its problems BEFORE hauling freight with it lol.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-15-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
Rawze I would love to get by your shop and let you look at mine and give me your opinion on anything that needs done.
replyreply
08-18-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
You forgot to say that you wanted to bring it by Rawze's house and have him pick on it and find all its problems BEFORE hauling freight with it lol.
[/quote]

Yes i forgot to say that You are a Great person we will meet very soon ad dinner will be on me
replyreply
08-20-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
Well Getting closer I will be leaving on Tuesday for Levern TN to pick up my trailer then on to Louisville for orientation on Monday The truck is almost complete this is what i have done

Stretch Frame,pant frame,new brakes,new drums,new rear suspension valve,new on board scales,pyro gauge,boost gauge,rear differential temp gauges,change oil in rears,trany oil,engine oil,10 dime mod,headache rack,new air and electrical lines ,new stack,crossfires,dash cam,xm radio,new CB antenna,Xm Antenna, Fix passenger side window,refrigerator,fix trypac alternator bracket and recharge AC,recharge AC in truck,new blend door actuator,new battery's new rear stainless tail light panel with led reverse lights,

things still needed

marker lights,sleeper window reseal,Doser valve leaking fuel,new wiper blades,pay 2290,install CB......

i have done a lot of work to this truck to make it a dependable work truck for me
replyreply
08-20-2016, (Subject: New to me 09 prostar ) 
It's probably only me, but I shudder when I hear frame lengthening. In the 8 years I've owned my '09 (since new), I keep wondering how much extra fuel I've burned because of the frame being too long.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201608/post_1783_1471742811_58b2b3577794c7842250632865d28ed6.jpg
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.