CM2250 EGR Cleaning
08-29-2019, (Subject: CM2250 EGR Cleaning ) 
CM2250 EGR Cleaning
For guys that have removed their EGR valve on a CM2250 for cleaning I'm curious do you guys use the solvent that is called for in the Cummins procedures? Is there something more readily available that works just as well? I listed the Cummins procedures below showing what solvent Cummins calls for.

Clean the accumulated soot from the EGR valve inlet port/outlet port using a wire brush, then soak with cleaning solvent, Part Number 3825139, and clean again with a wire brush.

Rinse the valve body with clean water and dry with compressed air.

Make sure the loose soot is removed from the EGR valve housing. This can be done by vacuuming the soot out of the EGR valve inlet port/outlet port.

Note : Valves with heavy carbon buildup may need to be cleaned with a scraper prior to using solvent and a wire brush. If this is the case, make sure not to pry against the butterfly valve during the cleaning process.
Inspect the mounting surfaces for cracks, fretting, or other damage.
replyreply
RE: CM2250 EGR Cleaning
i have heard that something like dawn soap works well on soot. something to do with an organic cleaner on organic material. something like that. I've used it before doing an egr tune up and seemed to work well.
replyreply
I used degreaser from Sam’s club. Purple in color and like $6.00 a gallon.
Filled 5 gal. Bucket with about a 1/4 of degreaser and rest water and let soak overnight. I was very impressed how clean it came out.
replyreply
nothing beats gasoline (benzine) for removing baked on soot and carbon. Just be sure to follow it up with some carb and choke cleaner to remove the light film gasoline leaves behind.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.