X15 datalink adapter
09-01-2019, (Subject: X15 datalink adapter ) 
RE: X15 datalink adapter
(08-30-2019 )marek4792 Wrote:  I currently have a Chinesium Inline 5 adapter as a paperweight, and I'm wondering if there is an official list of genuine adapters known to work with X15's without breaking the bank Fleetpride wants $1000 for the Usb Link 2 and Red engine maker $1200 for Inline 7. Trying to save abit of money if I can by buy online, but also want to avoid getting a knockoff version for obvious reasons.

if the plug under the dash is green in color, it may simply be a cable issue?.
https://amzn.to/2HAQ4ti

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(09-01-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-30-2019 )marek4792 Wrote:  I currently have a Chinesium Inline 5 adapter as a paperweight, and I'm wondering if there is an official list of genuine adapters known to work with X15's without breaking the bank Fleetpride wants $1000 for the Usb Link 2 and Red engine maker $1200 for Inline 7. Trying to save abit of money if I can by buy online, but also want to avoid getting a knockoff version for obvious reasons.

Plug is green from factory, I mean it wouldn't hurt to try I guess. Then again I did hear of them switching 2 pins around in that j1939 maybe I'm wrong maybe could be my issue.
replyreply
maybe try to connect on the weather-pack connector. You should be able to at least see codes and such I would think?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-31-2019 )snailexpress Wrote:  Is X-15 has different communication protocol then J1939 or what the reason you can't use Inline 5?

Not sure why but it doesn't work. Need insite 8.3 also.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
09-02-2019, (Subject: X15 datalink adapter ) 
you need a nexiq 1, 2 or a inline 6,7 to connect to a x15. You also need insite 8.3 or higher. Just buy the nexiq off of snap on then there are no worries of clones. The one somebody paid 650 for is a clone for sure - they cost 1K if real. If you cant afford 1k to connect to your truck and do your own maintenance/service on a 200K truck, your doing it wrong.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , marek4792 , hhow55 , Slavic S , scottydogtruck
09-02-2019, (Subject: X15 datalink adapter ) 
I think Unilevers is right. I have not seen actual genuine Nexiq adapters in the $700 price range in quite a number of years. That is why I suggested someone call nexiq and verify their ser# if they buy from that place the guy mentioned... something is just a bit too fishy there (and why the site name was blocked). i have no issue with people using chineese fakes... unless they don't work, and in nexiq case... the fakes work for a short while, then typically have problems and are not worth the money you saved.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792 , hhow55
09-18-2019, (Subject: X15 datalink adapter ) 
(09-01-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  

Rawze, Do you think this adaptor kit with 7.6.2 will work with my fathers CM2350? The plug on his truck is green, that Amazon kit comes with 3 adapters though? Which one would I use?

Thanks -Andre

User's Signature: I may be cross eyed, but i don’t cross thread
replyreply
09-19-2019, (Subject: X15 datalink adapter ) 
I just called nexiq and confirmed that my USB LINK 2 adapters are legit. I purchased them
from diesel Lapt....and their price is $675 usd now (interface,usb cable,and double connector 6&9) everything comes in nexiq box, connector is already green so it will fit both black and green. You can also call and checked with them . I am using them for awhile now ( everyday ) all kids of work diagnostic and uprating. Recommend to buy.
replyreply
09-19-2019, (Subject: X15 datalink adapter ) 
post pics of it please
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.