ECM virus?
06-07-2016, (Subject: ECM virus? ) 
ECM virus?
I was wondering if an ECM can get a virus from an infected computer? My computer took a crap, so I took it in to get it fix. They called today and one of the problem's was my insite 7.62 has a virus. So I'm just wondering if there can be issues with the ECM now?
replyreply
06-08-2016, (Subject: ECM virus? ) 
RE: ECM virus?
(06-07-2016 )Isx Lover Wrote:  I was wondering if an ECM can get a virus from an infected computer? My computer took a crap, so I took it in to get it fix. They called today and one of the problem's was my insite 7.62 has a virus. So I'm just wondering if there can be issues with the ECM now?

It is VERY possible for an ECM to get a virus. they have little to no protection from such things. That is also why I stress people do not go to Internet forums for pirated software. It would be just too easy for some foreign country that don't like the U.S.A. to make a virus that infected x number of trucks, spreading it through pirated copies of Insite of CT. -- then one day, without warning ... shut them all down at a certain day/time.... Scary if you ask me. -- I have seen viruses in ECM's before.

That being said...

Unless you have re-flashed the ECM with Insite, or did an ECM software update, It is not likely to be in the ECM too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.