Governor Settings
09-01-2019, (Subject: Governor Settings ) 
Governor Settings
Got a demandated 2350 and it’s been tuned by the best in the business but it seems like the engine is slow getting up to speed from a dead stop. It pulls hills like nobody’s business. I usually drop gears around 1500 and it does great but truck just won’t get up and go like I think it should.
I’m not sure how the governor should be set or I got another perimeter jacked up.
replyreply
RE: Governor Settings
the more low end torque you give that engine, the shorter its lifespan will become. Especially if it has been de-mandated.

My suggestion ... invest in better rear ratio if you want better response from a dead stop. It is far cheaper in the end to change than early engine death.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Rounded_nut
Slow turbo spool is generally normal to prevent smoke from exhaust. It’s probably what’s going on. Especially if it’s tuned for fuel mileage.
replyreply
Well my torque is turned down to help engine last longer. It spoils up to 31 to 33 PSI rather quickly but jest seems it’s not getting the fuel it does when pulling hills. The governor is on automatic right now but not sure which one to use
replyreply
They tend to pick up slower (in my experience) on tunes that use MCF tables instead of TGC tables to control actuator position - But it could still be using TGC tables that are set to deliver power smoothly. It could also have the low end fuel limit or OFC set to limit smoke as others have pointed out.

The governor setting will probably not solve your problem.
Automotive Governor - Acc pedal = Torque request
Variable Speed Governor - Acc pedal = Engine speed request
replyreply
(09-01-2019 )Signature620 Wrote:  They tend to pick up slower (in my experience) on tunes that use MCF tables instead of TGC tables to control actuator position - But it could still be using TGC tables that are set to deliver power smoothly. It could also have the low end fuel limit or OFC set to limit smoke as others have pointed out.

The governor setting will probably not solve your problem.
Automotive Governor - Acc pedal = Torque request
Variable Speed Governor - Acc pedal = Engine speed request

That’s way over my head I’ll take your word for it about the tune. I never really thought about the tune cutting stuff back I thought it might be the governor.
replyreply
I had a similar tune by Rawze in which he set up lower torque as it was a high mile engine and had most of the power in the higher end. I never noticed a big issue with it as I have 4:11 gears on 11r22.5 rubber. If you've got tall gears then it may be more of a issue.

I did however notice a huge difference between this tune and the 625 overlay with savage torque instantly..... so if you had it tuned previously and then went to this program, it may not be to your liking. The man tunes conservatively because he IS NOT about getting there fast, hes about helping people keep their trucks together to maximize profits and the last thing he needs is to put a bunch of tunes out there that he doesnt want to do and then have guys coming on here complaining when thier motors piled up.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: MageRoyal , Rawze
Well my tune is probably very close to yours then Brock. My buddies truck is very identical to mine as for trans and gearing but his is a deleted 871 with a waste gated turbo and his will leave me in the dust from a dead stop but pulls just as good on hills. I’m never really in a hurry anyhow I was just wondering if I maybe had a governor setting holding me back. I can’t afford to race stop light to stop light anyway. Lol
replyreply
09-02-2019, (Subject: Governor Settings ) 
How does your fuel mileage compare?

If it's a issue or your not happy with it, it can easily be changed.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.