Battery Short randomly losing ECM power w/ign on
09-05-2019, (Subject: Battery Short randomly losing ECM power w/ign on ) 
RE: Battery Short randomly losing ECM power w/ign on
Updates: All connections look good, all inline fuses look good, tight connections on every fuse. Bus fuses are making good contact. I was able to get the truck to run for a little yesterday, and when it shut off I did the bulb test on the 4 pin connector. It did perfectly fine.

I am led to believe that Rawze is correct and the ecm is bad. I’m thinking it’s just like Brocks ecm in that video where the 4 pin connector is soldered to the board. What baffles me is that it passes the tap test and I verified it again yesterday that no amount of tapping causes the issue. I don’t want to take the ecm apart and I haven’t turned my old one in for a core. I went through the local dealer to get this replacement ecm since I get a discount there and they were much cheaper than straight from Cummins. One thing I will say about this dealer is they always have the lowest prices on Cummins parts and have for years been much cheaper than Cummins, they have a truck go 10mins down the road everyday and pick up their parts right from Cummins. I’ve got a feeling I’m going to have to eat this ecm cost and buy another, I wish I had seen your thread Rawze before I got into this ecm. I could kick myself in the butt for not letting them program it, then again they may not have had an issue with it and I’d be in the same boat.

Has anyone else had an ecm lose connection like this and it still passes the tap test?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Battery Short randomly losing ECM power w/ign on - Gump12b - 09-05-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.