Cascadia brake lights
06-08-2016, (Subject: Cascadia brake lights ) 
Cascadia brake lights
Hello Everybody, I have 09 cascadia and i have a problem with my rear brake lights, only one of them works at a time, when i turn right turn signal on the left stop light is on, but when i turn the turn signal off the right stop light won't turn on, so left is on right is off, when i turn the left turn signal on, the right stop turns on, when signal off left is off right stop is on, when i turn my hazard lights on, after i turn it off i have no stop lights, i tested the lights with brake pedal pushed in, replaced the turn signal switch but it didn't help, did anybody have a problem like this? i checked the harness to the lights and it is good, i disconnected some wires from sam cab and the lights came on with ignition off and stop lights worked, if you have any ideas please let me know, thanks, i also checked all fuses and relays in sam cab
replyreply
RE: Cascadia brake lights
Try replace stop and turn relays at sam chassis(near firewall at engine side). If your wires are good could be sam chassis box bad. Freightliner had recal about getting water in that box.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
thanks i will try it tomorrow, i had my hazards on for a long time today at the receiver and when i was in the dock i checked my brake lights and both were working, then i used turn signal and when i cancelled one brake light was off, i was thinking that maybe the flasher sticks in open position and it's not connecting brake light circuit after cancelling the turn signal, if the relays won't help i will try to replace the hazard lights switch cause i think the flasher is built into this thing, thanks for a tip
replyreply
06-10-2016, (Subject: Cascadia brake lights ) 
I have seen the turn signal stock cause these problems. unplug the turn signal stock and see what happens. I know it sounds crazy but trust me i have seen only one brake lamp on the right side not work and we traced down everything. Plugged in new turn signal stock and as if magic the right brake lamp worked.
replyreply
06-11-2016, (Subject: Cascadia brake lights ) 
(06-10-2016 )gearhead Wrote:  I have seen the turn signal stock cause these problems. unplug the turn signal stock and see what happens. I know it sounds crazy but trust me i have seen only one brake lamp on the right side not work and we traced down everything. Plugged in new turn signal stock and as if magic the right brake lamp worked.

i tried it, bought the new one and still no change, it's strange that everytime i turn my signal on and off the brake light doesnt turn on, i was lucky i could return the 120$ part, next thing i did i replaced the hazard lights switch and still no change, but i got a code on my display so i think it has to be programmed in SAM or something, i don,t see any relays in SAM CAB for the taillights, i don't know if there is a flasher somewhere or not, i left my truck at the dealer because of the recal, they replaced a connector on sam chassis, i thought they will replace the whole thing but they didn't, thank you for your suggestion, i found that on rv forum, somebody had a bus on freightliner chassis and had a problem with his brake lights and turn signal switch fixed his problem, thanks i have to start looking for shorts or broken wires
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.