Fault 5882??
09-07-2019, (Subject: Fault 5882?? ) 
Fault 5882??
Had a new ELD installed and now got a 5882. Says it’s inactive but I don’t know what it is
replyreply
09-08-2019, (Subject: Fault 5882?? ) 
RE: Fault 5882??
What make/model/year truck?, etc.

Was the fault in Insite, or in the dash? or on the ELD?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
It’s 2014 Peterbilt. 2350 and the fault is in Insite
replyreply
5882 = The intake throttle device did not pass its self-check (bent shaft, motor hanging up, power spike during engine startup, etc) ...

- Assuming for a moment that your truck has been de-mandated properly and that the diaphragm for the throttle body has been removed, you can safely have the program changed to disable this feature as it is no longer needed by the engine.

Because it is inactive though, it could be a ghost of when you connected the ELD>

Before jumping to such measures and getting program edited, clear all faults in Insite 2 times in a row and see if it stays away. If it does not come back, then all is good.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(09-08-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  5882 = The intake throttle device did not pass its self-check (bent shaft, motor hanging up, power spike during engine startup, etc) ...

- Assuming for a moment that your truck has been de-mandated properly and that the diaphragm for the throttle body has been removed, you can safely have the program changed to disable this feature as it is no longer needed by the engine.

Because it is inactive though, it could be a ghost of when you connected the ELD>

Before jumping to such measures and getting program edited, clear all faults in Insite 2 times in a row and see if it stays away. If it does not come back, then all is good.

Will do thank you Rawze
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.