Stalling while driving
09-08-2019, (Subject: Stalling while driving ) 
Stalling while driving
2010 prostar isx 450 cm871. Truck shut off on me 2 months ago after I hit bump across a bridge....in-cab screen flashed low coolant...checked level it was fine. Truck started up but idled rough for a few seconds then was fine. Fast forward 2 months not one hiccup...so stalling...I leave for vacation and my part-time guy calls me 9pm says truck shut off...but started right back up...idles rough for a bit...finished trip...yesterday did it twice...says no warning triangle....no messages across screen...

Thinking shut-off solenoid or the dreaded ecm...

Will hook insite up when I get home....if ecm is bad I will have to have stealership program it...any other recomendations?
replyreply
RE: Stalling while driving
If ecm is it i have heard of giving it a tap with a soft hammer to see if it reacts differently.

fuel filters?
check injectors with insite?

battery connection?

wiggle wire test?
check relays and fuses?

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply
(09-08-2019 )flatbed94kid Wrote:  If ecm is it i have heard of giving it a tap with a soft hammer to see if it reacts differently.

fuel filters?
check injectors with insite?

battery connection?

wiggle wire test?
check relays and fuses?

recommendations?

I just replaced all injectors, overhead, and complete egr tune-up ....full service(oil,fuel filters) checked all battery connections, tightness ect.

Will bop ecm with rubber mallet, and wiggle harness to see if I can duplicate issue.
replyreply
Mine did the same, the ECM was shot. Start the truck, I used a rubber mallet, and smack the top of the ECM, if the truck stalls or stutters, you have found the problem. From what Rawze has said in the past, and it makes perfect sense, these ECM's are normally good for 800,000 miles. Mine went 940,000 miles and then failed.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
When I had bad ECM low coolant and engine stop light popped on and all my engine shutdowns were turned off

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.