Clutch safety switch
09-12-2019, (Subject: Clutch safety switch ) 
Clutch safety switch
On the 2012 Freightliner we just replaced the safety switch, AGAIN! This is the 2nd one and the truck has only worked 1 week. Any ideas? I got a little ticked off at the cummins dealer when they said I could get an appointment, the end of November. Really????
replyreply
09-12-2019, (Subject: Clutch safety switch ) 
RE: Clutch safety switch
I think the switches are just junk. The one in my truck has been replaced a lot. You can bypass it by cruise won’t work from what I’ve been told. It’s an option anyways
replyreply
09-17-2019, (Subject: Clutch safety switch ) 
(09-12-2019 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  I think the switches are just junk. The one in my truck has been replaced a lot. You can bypass it by cruise won’t work from what I’ve been told. It’s an option anyways

Then the jake doesn't work either. I did ask one of the mechanics, he might have a way of by passing it so the jakes still work.Mine it only last a week at the most.
replyreply
09-19-2019, (Subject: Clutch safety switch ) 
(09-17-2019 )boyzmom Wrote:  
(09-12-2019 )Soulreaver0102 Wrote:  I think the switches are just junk. The one in my truck has been replaced a lot. You can bypass it by cruise won’t work from what I’ve been told. It’s an option anyways

Then the jake doesn't work either. I did ask one of the mechanics, he might have a way of by passing it so the jakes still work.Mine it only last a week at the most.

I didn’t know that. It wouldn’t be for me then lol. Good luck bud.
replyreply
09-20-2019, (Subject: Clutch safety switch ) 
I couldn’t figure out why my cruise would cut off and the jake would stop working sometimes just randomly but of course the light stayed on. I did some research and it does seem that the switch on the clutch is junk, I’ve learned to drop it in neutral and press the clutch pedal in the let it slam up. I’ve been able to get cruise and jake back every time so far.
replyreply
09-21-2019, (Subject: Clutch safety switch ) 
(09-20-2019 )Gump12b Wrote:  I couldn’t figure out why my cruise would cut off and the jake would stop working sometimes just randomly but of course the light stayed on. I did some research and it does seem that the switch on the clutch is junk, I’ve learned to drop it in neutral and press the clutch pedal in the let it slam up. I’ve been able to get cruise and jake back every time so far.
It may work for your cruise an jakes but I think you will kill the clutch after a while . Just my opinion
As far as making them work without the clutch it may be possible with DDDL software . There must be option to make it work without clutch as some of the trucks have Auto trans without clutch. Someone has to look it up
replyreply
09-23-2019, (Subject: Clutch safety switch ) 
Sometimes I can just tap the clutch pedal and it allow cruise and eng brake back on, it varies I suppose.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: boyzmom

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.