Low coolant warning when parked coolant full
06-10-2016, (Subject: Low coolant warning when parked coolant full ) 
Low coolant warning when parked coolant full
Going to throw this out there.

My 2010 387 is tripping a low coolant code when parked. It will clear as soon as I idle up or start moving. But, I have plenty of coolant in the reservoir and have never had a problem with losing coolant.

Hopefully one of you have had a similar problem.
replyreply
RE: Low coolant warning when parked coolant full
It might be a harness problem,that's what i had on my w900 it would trip when it got moved or wet the it would go away after i got going down to road. my harness was under 150.00. and it was not hard to change out. but check for lose connection first just in case :)
that's my 2 cent answer. good luck.
replyreply
Pull the sensor out of the tank when it says low coolant, then take a magnet to the side of the tip and if the lamp goes out it's a problem with the float in the tank if not bad sensor or in the wiring. Just a fast way to check those sensors before you just go buy one.
replyreply
(06-10-2016 )gearhead Wrote:  Pull the sensor out of the tank when it says low coolant, then take a magnet to the side of the tip and if the lamp goes out it's a problem with the float in the tank if not bad sensor or in the wiring. Just a fast way to check those sensors before you just go buy one.

If this is a float type sensor, maybe I need to check my antifreeze content in the reservoir. If it is too much water, then the float won't work correctly. ..
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.