New Truck Purchase Any Advise
09-22-2019, (Subject: New Truck Purchase Any Advise ) 
RE: New Truck Purchase Any Advise
(09-22-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-22-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(09-22-2019 )DDlighttruck Wrote:  Great advice!

What’s sad, is that “mechanics” don’t own diagnostics tools. And to make it worse the shops they work for don’t own them, either. I guess it’s a cost of doing business but man it’s frustrating

These emission trucks are very expensive to own, and until you get everything taken care of, they can literally bankrupt you. The days of GTO are long gone... Gas, Tires and Oil.

I have foolishly been working on mine for 6 years, and it has taken that long to get it to the point that I can actually drive it without being concerned with "what next". Two in frames and more issues than Carter has liver pills... It runs good now, hell, everything is new, but has cost me a marriage, my house and my dogs and I have yet to get a full year of work out of it. I would not recommend trucking to anyone...

The only reason I am still here, is Rawze, and my stubbornness.

Looking back, I think you can see now though that a whole lot of that grief could have been completely avoided. Just think how for ahead you would be now if you have taken that thing and wrangled it into something decent yourself (like a proper inframe, etc. we finally did in my driveway) shortly after purchasing it.

No argument there Rawze, mucho ignorance on my part. Never had a piece of equipment with so many issues, it was beyond overwhelming. I never had to do so much work to any of the old iron I used to own. As far as that first in frame, I should have taken it to Mr Hagg right off the bat. Live and learn, the reason I am still here, my experiences should be a primer for owning one of these used emission trucks, what not to do. I own it, and it has been an incredibly ugly trip to say the least. Knowing what I know today, I would have bought an old Pete or Freightliner with a non emission motor. LOL!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.