New Truck Purchase Any Advise
09-15-2019, (Subject: New Truck Purchase Any Advise ) 
RE: New Truck Purchase Any Advise
(09-15-2019 )JHNDZ Wrote:  
(09-15-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  You also did not mention what the rear ratios are. I would not give 3 =cents for it if it is anything taller than about 3.55's. - Those damn mega-fleets any more spec these truck so wrong, where they eat the engine up due to too tall rears + low rpm hammering all the damn time, truck can hardly get out of their own way, it is not even funny any more. first half its life, some A-hole with his foot in the floor all the way against that governor lugging the crap out of the liners so that 500k later it is in dire need of an inframe because the dips#it thinks it can go up every hill below 1400 rpm everywhere they go without cutting engine life in half.

Pretty polish, false promises, and the glee of truck purchase blinds people so badly they have no clue what they are getting into. Is the truck even spec'd properly for what you plan on using it for? - Roof height, rear ratio, etc. etc. etc.

So far its only been a thought, that's why im here to learn what the community has to say. On there online pg it says it has 3.42 ratio. Its a 72 in sleeper , 230 wheel base . I plan on running the truck locally here in socal with a 53 ft dry van . adv 425 hp should be plenty i usually haul 20 - 25k lbs.

That is what I have been running with my truck, local and short haul up until this past December when my carrier closed their doors. I have the 3:42 gears, they are annoying, but I haul lite, normally under 15,000 lbs. with a van. If you are running light like that, it will get annoying if you do a lot of stop lights and traffic, but it is easy to keep the RPM's up with a manual transmission and those light loads, not so much when you are heavy. I have know clue how an automatic would operate in those conditions in regards to RPMs and shift points, but would still swap out the gears for 3:55s. I will be doing mine next year.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JHNDZ , Casper

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Truck Purchase Any Advise - Waterloo - 09-15-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.