Fuel actuators missing waxy cover
09-17-2019, (Subject: Fuel actuators missing waxy cover ) 
Fuel actuators missing waxy cover
I can take a picture if needed, but my fuel metering actuators are all missing the waxy button covers. Someone said "tuners" used to remove these covers to tweak them somehow.

Myth or real?

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
RE: Fuel actuators missing waxy cover
You did not mention what model enigne...

Assuming for a moment that your mentioning the actuators found on an ISX ....

Sounds like some social media internet rambo garbage to me.

Of course, I would not put it past some complete f%king idiot trying though. - Doing something like that and trying to fool the mechanical system(s) to give up something that the ECM does not know about is one of the worst things a person can do to a modern commercial engine. - How about a better idea ... TELL THE ECM WHAT YOUR INTENTIONS ARE PROPERLY AND IT WILL DO IT FOR YOU --- THE RIGHT WAY WITH THE CORRECT COMPENSATIONS, CORRECT CYLINDER PRESSURES, AND CORRECT CYLINDER BALANCING DATA!!!

I.ve heard of guys even drilling hold into the engine block, and all kinds of other atrocities too ... --- What people do to destroy these engines all in the name of that ego boosting torrent of complete stupidity is shameful.

The same people who would do something like that might as well be telling you to never get too close to antarctic so that you don't accidentally fall off the edge of the flat earth.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87
Is it just me? seems like every year on here, I hear things that make one think the world of trucking keeps getting exponentially dumber and dumber.

Trends show that 10 more years form now, I doubt a lot of people will even have the intelleigence to even navigate their way around a PC computer any more, them relying on colorful button, talking in emojis ( :angel: :@ :blush: :s ) that make no damn sense, them relying completely whatever their one-button smart-phone stupidity-app making all the decisions for them. -- This is not progress if you ask me.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87

CM870 motor

replyreply
WHY?....
replyreply
Those things look like hell. One of them is busted up pretty bad. Your gonna want to get that oil or fuel leak cleaned up. It puking all over the wiring and plugs. Your harness will do what's called "wicking" the oil or fuel in to the connection right straight in to the actuator or worse yet back to the ECM. It's where the oil gets into or under the insulation on the wires or plug and runs like a lantern wick in to electrical components.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DDlighttruck , Pd6cas2

I almost think it’s coming out of the jake brake plug. I need to wash it off again and try to locate the leak

replyreply

Which one is busted up?

You’d replace all four or just the three missing the covers?

replyreply
It looks much cleaner where the wax was compared to the rest of the actuators. I would say the wax has broken free and fallen out. Don't worry about it.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.