Fuel actuators missing waxy cover
09-17-2019, (Subject: Fuel actuators missing waxy cover ) 
RE: Fuel actuators missing waxy cover
I was wrong about one being busted up. The 1st pic was a bit deceptive. The tape on the harness was feathered over it making it look like it was busted.

If your jake brake harness is leaking like that your gonna want to pull the valve cover and clean it up and seal the harness pass thru with silicone sealant. You have to keep the oil from getting into the wires themselves. Also pull your ECM connectors off the ECM and see if oil has wicked its way all the way down. It very common for the oil to run right down the wires all the way to inside of the ECM. Clean and dry it if so.

It happened to me.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , DDlighttruck , slowpoke
09-18-2019, (Subject: Fuel actuators missing waxy cover ) 
On the harness pass through, is there an o-ring? Or just silicone?

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
09-18-2019, (Subject: Fuel actuators missing waxy cover ) 
Ensure your enigne can breath. Ensure the crank case pressure relief tube is not full of crud or partially blocked.

Those engine brake harnesses are notorious for leaking when you have high blo-by and/or high crank case pressures. The o-ring is usually not the issue on them, but the plug itself where the pins go through. I have seen where people will silicone up the plug on the back side (in the head) where the wires come out to stop it from leaking so much.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Techmech
09-20-2019, (Subject: Fuel actuators missing waxy cover ) 
(09-18-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  Ensure your enigne can breath. Ensure the crank case pressure relief tube is not full of crud or partially blocked.

Those engine brake harnesses are notorious for leaking when you have high blo-by and/or high crank case pressures. The o-ring is usually not the issue on them, but the plug itself where the pins go through. I have seen where people will silicone up the plug on the back side (in the head) where the wires come out to stop it from leaking so much.
I will check that hose in the morning, I forgot until just now. Thanks

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
(09-17-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  Is it just me? seems like every year on here, I hear things that make one think the world of trucking keeps getting exponentially dumber and dumber.

Trends show that 10 more years form now, I doubt a lot of people will even have the intelleigence to even navigate their way around a PC computer any more, them relying on colorful button, talking in emojis ( :angel: :@ :blush: :s ) that make no damn sense, them relying completely whatever their one-button smart-phone stupidity-app making all the decisions for them. -- This is not progress if you ask me.

You're not alone in that belief but its not just trucking. Im astonished some people can wipe their own arse and tie their shoes. Or maybe they dont...
replyreply
(09-17-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I was wrong about one being busted up. The 1st pic was a bit deceptive. The tape on the harness was feathered over it making it look like it was busted.

If your jake brake harness is leaking like that your gonna want to pull the valve cover and clean it up and seal the harness pass thru with silicone sealant. You have to keep the oil from getting into the wires themselves. Also pull your ECM connectors off the ECM and see if oil has wicked its way all the way down. It very common for the oil to run right down the wires all the way to inside of the ECM. Clean and dry it if so.

It happened to me.
Listen to Chamberpains.

All that oil, and there's probably some fuel too, is real hard on the wire insulation also. Makes it very susceptible to cracking and wearing through easier. Just ask me how I know...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.