Last straw
09-29-2019, (Subject: Last straw ) 
RE: Last straw
(09-28-2019 )DVT873 Wrote:  OK I am lost completely on that. Would I be correct that its used to validate the actuator function? Not surprised they don't code. I work mostly on MD NAV engines and frequently run into EGR valves that are not positioning correctly but leave no codes.

My box can completely test and calibrate the actuator and trubo. Here is a related video:

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee , DVT873 , Brock , barf
10-01-2019, (Subject: Last straw ) 
retainer plate is supposed to arrive today.

- Pulled the gears of the cams. BOTH gears were so easy to pull of, that it did not even get more than about 40 ft-lbs on the puller and they popped right off. Normally it takes 80 - 100+ ft-lbs on the puller to pull a gear off, especially the injector cam gear.

They also both looked like they had some el-cheapo loc-tite blue on them, and it was very obvious that they never cleaned the mating surfaces at all.

Makes me wonder what else in that inframe is incorrect. - I shutter to think about it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
That feeling of doubt while going down the road will eat on you. At least it would me. I have a hard time trusting other folks work.

Did the bolts that hold gears on seem to be torqued tight?

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
could not get them with a regular wratchet took a bar on the wratchet to get them loose.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
Oh man... Good luck Lonestar
replyreply
Correct cam retainer

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
UPDATE:

We pressure tested the intake at the manifold. Head is done. With all rockers and shafts removed, all valves closed, intake valves will not seal properly. they are hemorrhaging air badly on 4 cylinders into the piston chambers and block. the engine is loosing compression badly on pistons 2,3,4,5. #3 is the worst. Every time you bump an exhaust valve stem for #3, the gauge and air flow into the cylinder on the opposite side jumps wildly like the valve is not sealed very much at all.

This thing needs a new head.

---- We also found out that whoever did the inframe re-used the old head. <-- what a waste of several thousands of dollars on a half-arssed inframe!!!>

This would explain all the low power, lower than normal exhaust temps, and the turbo tables needing to be raised through the roof just to make boost on this thing. <- all his problems are now coming together ... head is bad, causing low compression in cylinders, CAC was leaking severely, turbo actuator was causing turbo to be violently unstable, and all the other thing we have found so far is starting to paint a clear picture of why he was having the issues he was this whole time.

-- I feel bad for him ... real bad.

This is what happens when morons re-build an engine (this was a international stealersh$it in Minnesota).. and this is getting more and more common out here any more. -- Where did pride go ??? === where did the give-a-s$it go? === Where did the proper training and methods for what someone does in these so-called "certified" shops go? == it is truly shameful!!!

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Waterloo , Hammerhead , flatbed94kid
Sweet Jesus... And reused the old head, criminal. Sad, damn sad.
replyreply
Ugh!
That is a serious kick in the pants!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.