International electric APU
09-22-2019, (Subject: International electric APU ) 
International electric APU
Does anybody have/had experience with these?
replyreply
09-23-2019, (Subject: International electric APU ) 
RE: International electric APU
smorgan has one and i had one when working for crete. usualy the square passthrough fuse things on the apus batteries gave the most trouble.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia
How did it perform? I’m thinking it prolly doesn’t cool off too well.
replyreply
I have never had one, but when asking others that have come to visit who do have them, they say they work fair enough most of the time. The truck needs an extra 4 AGM Glass-matt or decent brand of deep-cycle batteries to properly run one. The truck also needs a 320 amp alternator.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
100* and sun beating down on a black truck it keeps it about 80 inside. Sun goes down itll work great. But if its over about 80 outside leave the (insulated) sleeper curtain closed. Idle free trucks have extra insulation in the sleepers. Ive recently added a 100A 110-12vdc converter that powers it when i have an outlet to use.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia , snailexpress
The cost of the alternator would keep me away, and then having to buy batteries every two to three years.
replyreply
Does it auto start? And how long before it starts. Does the heater work well, and does it heat the tanks? Thanks for your replies!
replyreply
With new batteries the truck will start man maybe eight hours the heater it comes with is a hydronic so it heats the water in the truck also does not eat the fuel also the auto start-stop on the engine is usually set to start the truck every time the oil is down to 40 degrees

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.