M11 Cranks No Start
09-24-2019, (Subject: M11 Cranks No Start ) 
M11 Cranks No Start
2007 International 8600 with ISM CM875. Cranking RPM's around 220. Fuel pressure is 40 PSI during cranking. Fuel shutoff valve shows open during crank. Replaced it anyway. User fueling state shows "crank state". No codes. You can just touch it with ether and it fires right up like it is an electrical issue. Cleaned/checked battery cables/connections. Runs and pulls perfect. But if you shut it off it will not restart. Seems like if it gains just a few more rpm's than cranking speed it will run. Specs show 220 is more than enough rpm's. Any ideas? Thanks.
replyreply
RE: M11 Cranks No Start
Probably sucking air

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mayhem1
Would it have fuel pressure if it was sucking air? And when it starts, it doesn't act like any air. No stumbles, surges, or lopes.
replyreply
The M series won't even try to start until they get a good steady RPM signal. Monitor engine speed closely while cranking. Sometimes the sensor will give fluctuating readings and not fire the injectors.
replyreply
2nd the speed sensor.

What's your voltage at the ECM & FSOV coil while cranking?
replyreply
09-25-2019, (Subject: M11 Cranks No Start ) 
I don't know if you have figured this out yet, but the only trouble I ever had with my M-11 was the ECM line to and from the battery. I would change the in line fuse out and really inspect the wire and connections. That little motor was pretty much bulletproof. Ran that motor for years, never a down day, my neighbor now owns it, still running.
replyreply
09-26-2019, (Subject: M11 Cranks No Start ) 
Changed both position sensors. Still no start. Voltage stays at 10.3 while cranking. Same voltage at the fuel solenoid. Still no codes. Fuel pressure was 40 while trying to start this morning. Any more suggestions? Possibly some injector issues?
replyreply
ensure the tone wheel is not loose for the sensor(s) too. Seen a few ISX that ran like crap no matter what someone did only to find the tone wheel had some play in it to the crank.

also may
try put 10 psi on the fuel tanks and see if it starts to ensure it is not sucking air somewhere during cranking?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I had an M11 and the fuel shut off solenoid actually separated at the tip. So Valve worked, but the seat did not, it just stayed seated. That was a tough one
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.