Need any info on which motor to buy.
09-25-2019, (Subject: Need any info on which motor to buy. ) 
RE: Need any info on which motor to buy.
(09-25-2019 )Tnhwyman Wrote:  ...
a guy I worked for in East Tennessee has a couple kw t600 with Cummings, ten speed and 3.70 rears 1.2 million miles motor rebuilt at 900,000 miles. when I worked for them they were all about maintenance, is the only reason I was looking at the truck. I felt the gear setup was wrong, but maybe I am wrong.

3.70's are the perfect gearing for dry-van/reefer market. The T600 body style itself (all other things aside) is 0.3-0.4 mpg lower in fuel economy vs a prostar or cascadia. Still decent if you ask me. <- With a 10 speed or even better, a 13 speed tranny and that setup + low-roll tires all the way, and all other fuel mods like custom tuning, etc., I could break 8 mpg all day long with it and likely average ~7.8 mpg in a million miles with it. Compare to my real-world 8+ million mile average in a prostaer, and that is still looking pretty darn decent.

A truck spec'd with a set of 3.36's or taller rears and there is no way in hells creation that it would get anywhere close to this, especially hauling 80,000 and through the hills and all 48 states like we do.

-- Stop listening to the morons in the truck stops ... stop listening to the idiots at the used truck centers trying to unload the garbage spec'd mega-fleet rejects,.. start listening to hyper-milers like myself and the few others on here that can say with confidence and actual proof that they are successful (here is my own proof: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid24378 ).

FOLLOW THOSE WHO ARE THE MOST SUCESSFUL IN THEIR MARKET--- Follow everything they would do .. to the letter ... as much as absolutely possible, and it is not until you are right there with them, neck and neck in profatibility and sustainabliity, do you apply your own dieas. -- Anything less and your wasitng your time.
(quoted from this video)...

--<-- that guy (great gentleman, BTW) I was giving this advice to in this video took it to heart ... here is how he is doing...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid37471

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Tnhwyman , SquareOne

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need any info on which motor to buy. - Rawze - 09-25-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.