Low Power
09-24-2019, (Subject: Low Power ) 
Low Power
I have a 2006 International 990! with an N14 (I think) Cummins in it. It smokes under a load and doesn't seem to have the power 500 plus hp should have. I had the International dealer try to fix it. They changed EGR and no results. I had the Cummins tech come and change the metering actuators . Got a little better. Running out of money and ideas. Turbo boost will go to about 28 lbs then seems to drop back to 15 or twenty. The Cummins tech said there was nothing wrong with Turbo. Hellllppppp !
replyreply
09-25-2019, (Subject: Low Power ) 
RE: Low Power
Not sure on help but your engine is probably a cm870 isx I'd think. Lots of reading about that engine on this forum.
replyreply
What color is your engine?
replyreply
First of all, stop taking it to morons. All those stealersh$its are going to do is rip you off and not fix squat properly.

* Adjust the overhead valves and inspect the cams.
* Perform injector cut-out tests...
https://youtu.be/FggtTj645DQ

* Register your engine on quickserv.com for all the free info you want towards fixing anything, parts, and info on your engine.

* Your likely to have a CM870 engine. Post the ser# (the ESN number on the engine dataplate) on here if you are not sure.

* Check the CAC and intake with a pressure test kit for leaks.

* Do a test drive with the exhaust unhooked behind the turbo to see if the boost and power comes back.

* Ensure the turbo controller is getting 90 psi air pressure on it. If it has a filter, replace the filter...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid43810

* Perform turbo position tests to ensure it has full travel range and that the turbo controller is operating correctly.

* replace old sensors that may be more than 500k miles old + ensure feed-line for exhaust pressure sensor is not clogged up .

-- Driving it around with low boost and high engine demand for it is going to burn up the turbo. It needs to be fixed.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(09-25-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  What color is your engine?

It is Red
replyreply
Ya, your dealing with an ISX probably a cm870. Run down EVERYTHING rawze posted. Also take note if your jake brake drops pressure on a steep hill with a heavy load. If so, you could be dealing with a faulty turbo actuator cobtrol module.
replyreply
(09-25-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  ...

-- Driving it around with low boost is going to burn up the turbo. It needs to be fixed.
Rawze, I thought the goal was to keep the boost guage at 10 or less?
replyreply
Low boost generated by low torque demand and low boost under high torque demand are 2 very different things David24. The first is saving you money on the highway and the second is burning up your turbo and cylinders.
replyreply
(09-25-2019 )david24 Wrote:  
(09-25-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  ...

-- Driving it around with low boost is going to burn up the turbo. It needs to be fixed.
Rawze, I thought the goal was to keep the boost guage at 10 or less?

with your driving habits and keeping your foot out of it, yes .. but if the egine cannot make full boost pressure when its demanding 35+ and your foot is in the floor, because something is wrong, then it can certainly overheat and burn up the turbo.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.