Cm871 oil pressure loss
09-28-2019, (Subject: Cm871 oil pressure loss ) 
RE: Cm871 oil pressure loss
Are those the original miles on that truck/motor, or has it been in framed or a recon motor installed? Like SquareOne asked, have you checked the actual hours on the motor? Does it have a wet kit installed or other PTO driven device?

Have you cut the oil filter open to inspect for soot? Do that and see what you find. If it is filled with soot after this DPF/DOC change out and service, did they just change the oil and skip the filter replacement? You cannot trust these dealers. You may have the old oil filter on there yet.

Or, it could be something as simple as a bad oil pressure sending unit. It is located on the driver side of the block behind the fuel filter. Around $40, only replace with a genuine Cummins part. I bet it is the original if the mileage is true on this truck.

I would also get under the valve cover and inspect for soot damage to the cams, you are looking for pitting or scaring on the cam lobes and rollers. I would also do a proper overhead while in there. Odds are that has never been done if this motor only has 200,000 original miles.

Any more info you have on the trucks history the better. Did you actually see the new DPF/DOC cans installed? Have you crawled under there to see if they did not simply knock the dust off the old cans and called it a day? Happens more often than you would think. You may have the old cans still on there.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm871 oil pressure loss - Waterloo - 09-28-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.