Wipers Won’t Shut Off
09-30-2019, (Subject: Wipers Won’t Shut Off ) 
Wipers Won’t Shut Off
2015 Prostar. My wipers started acting up today. They work fine when the switch is on high, they still operate on high when switched to low. Intermittent works fine, but when switched off, they still operate on the slowest intermittent speed. Where should I start trying to figure this out?
replyreply
09-30-2019, (Subject: Wipers Won’t Shut Off ) 
RE: Wipers Won’t Shut Off
ensure the off switch works?

My prostar had similar issue when it was brand spanking new, the day it was delivered to me. Wipers would not shut off no matter what anyone did. The cab controller had to be replaced. - May or may not be the problem on yours though. Diamond logic software was used to find the issue.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-25-2021, (Subject: Wipers Won’t Shut Off ) 
azcardnlz
Did you ever find out what that issue was? Same problem here. thanks
replyreply
05-26-2021, (Subject: Wipers Won’t Shut Off ) 
(05-25-2021 )jamie640 Wrote:  azcardnlz
Did you ever find out what that issue was? Same problem here. thanks

Prostar are also notorious for ghost problems. All the little fuses need replacing in the fuse panel every so often, even if they are good. Here is why ...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid12861

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Just to add to this....sometimes as the wiper motor wears it can begin to have a 'home point' issue and will continue to run. Basically the motor will pass up the 'resting point' and begin to cycle again until it finds it (this process will repeat over an over thus the wipers will seemingly never turn off or perhaps stop mid stroke). I've dealt with this a few times and the solution was a new wiper motor.

If the problem still persists after you try the what has already been recommended, maybe try a new wiper motor.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
My wiper motor quit Monday morning. Got up, hit the wipers to clear the fog off my windshield and the stopped half way up lol....now what's not so funny is this Corona BS...been waiting 3 days because none of the local parts houses have them. Has to be shipped cross country from a dealer that has one because it's a dealer only wiper motor. Ugh.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.