ROM Boot ISX
10-07-2019, (Subject: ROM Boot ISX ) 
RE: ROM Boot ISX
Thanks to Rawzre and Unilevers post I was able to fix my ECM. The info here on the 870 is vital for anyone programming them. If I had read it first I probably wouldn't have rom booted mine to begin with. I had access to an 871 ECM but thankfully didn't need to try it. Thanks a lot guys!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792
10-12-2019, (Subject: ROM Boot ISX ) 
RE: ROM Boot ISX
(09-03-2018 )fargonaz Wrote:  I just got through scaring the living shat out of myself. I finally found some dater and so proceeded to update my ECM. I backed up the ECM(2250) in the other software and when I was back in Insight I right clicked on the update and followed all the prompts(same cpl 3719 and version CL10136)(I selected save/restore adjustable parameters) took about 15 minutes and then said I updated successfully (.36 to .39.)

After reconnecting with insite I go to the parameters and check to make sure everything is the same as I had written down and it wasn't. I changed a few back(not all) and tried to save and it said it saved them; without asking to turn the key off. I'm saying to myself, uh oh :/ Anyway, after making a few more changes I disconnect and reconnect, via the menu selections, in Insight, and now it says I'm in rom boot mode? The truck doesn't start in this mode(duh) and dashboard display says "NO ENG" LOL, no it didn't laugh at me. The other software doesn't recognize the adapter so it's worthless through J1939 or J1708. Now I'm getting sick.

So, I'm in panic mode now, do about 45 minutes worth of worthless research on the net to find absolutely nothing that I think I'm looking for. I have the ROM boot cable! Umm, nowhere I could find that shows how to hook it up. I get the power connections and the triangular connector but don't know about the oval(2 pin) connector and then don't know how to use the sofware with the cable.

Finally use Insight with the key off and a burn a fleet cal. It goes through the motions only with this method it doesn't ask many questions and proceeds to jam the file(same update I orginally tried to write) and then complains that it failed. Truck starts and all is well, save some incorrect parameters.

The ECM is almost completely erased, no aftertreatment history none of the dataplate information(except what comes with the file and the injector trim codes) I'm going to run with this until I get home and then put the backed up file back in.

How do you connect the bench cable with the unit on the truck? Also which software works better with the rom boot cable?

Thanks.

did you check your 1939 or 1210 connect o/r is it stuck on ecm
at the bottom of the insite screen
iv dun it - and

User's Signature: Just my 2 cents + -
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.