Fuel pump question
10-01-2019, (Subject: Fuel pump question ) 
RE: Fuel pump question
I actually had a guy in Houston, tell me their is no soot in the egr on a cm870. No kidding

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
10-01-2019, (Subject: Fuel pump question ) 
This 20 second video says it all... LMAO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbPi00k_ME
replyreply
10-02-2019, (Subject: Fuel pump question ) 
(10-01-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  I actually had a guy in Houston, tell me their is no soot in the egr on a cm870. No kidding

Common sense would be to ask him "then how does the intake and egr tubing get so black and nasty /clog up all the time?" -- but then I realized that you can't reason, nor educate a person being stupid.

Under/incorrectly educated on a given subject + stubborn towards one's own beliefs = the very definition of someone being stupid. It is also impossible to win an argument with a person being stupid.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
10-02-2019, (Subject: Fuel pump question ) 
i dont pull into a shop unless i have absolutely no other option... example pulled into a big box shop in brookshire tx last month because i had a wheel seal pouring oil out... long story short i had to make them go back and properly torque the inner nut to 300 ft lbs and they didnt clean a damn thing rawze had to help me do it while i was there... i would say this, invest in a cheap set of tools and keep them on or near you at ALL times and anything you can possibly so yourself do it.... if you dont know how, well there is no time like the present to learn with all the help readily accessible on this forum and on youtube.... these trucks arent rockets they are not hard to figure out... ive got all my tools and do almost all of my work... i am getting insite ASAP and i would do the same if i were you it will literally save you thousands in the long run...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Skman , snailexpress
10-04-2019, (Subject: Fuel pump question ) 
(10-01-2019 )Skman Wrote:  Needless to say....I'm done with the other shop. This isn't the first time they've pissed me off.

I'd guess where, but originally being from Saskatchewan myself, I've got an unfair advantage...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
10-06-2019, (Subject: Fuel pump question ) 
(10-04-2019 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(10-01-2019 )Skman Wrote:  Needless to say....I'm done with the other shop. This isn't the first time they've pissed me off.

I'd guess where, but originally being from Saskatchewan myself, I've got an unfair advantage...
It's a small town shop...charging more than they should.
replyreply
10-08-2019, (Subject: Fuel pump question ) 
Top of fuel pump came off today. Told my mechanic to call me so I could see what's happening.
First thing....still has ceramic rods even tho I was told it was updated. Thankfully, they were in excellent shape. No cracks or chips. He did find what is likely the problem tho. A steel washer on the bottom of the push rod assembly was cracked and it looks like it was pushing pressure past it. Small scoring in the cylinder head where the assembly screws into. Rollers look great...no scoring. Pistons have very small scoring but just surface.
Pics included...also a picture of inside cylinder head...if you look close you can see the small score in the steel. He's talking with Cummins right now to see if it's usable once the cracked mating washer is replaced....or if the whole head needs replacing.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
looks like the head is going to leak no matter what u do. I would replace it. along with all the other guts.

you were very lucky when that washer/seal failed, it did not take the ceramic plunger, and the entire engine with it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(10-08-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  looks like the head is going to leak no matter what u do. I would replace it. along with all the other guts.

you were very lucky when that washer/seal failed, it did not take the ceramic plunger, and the entire engine with it.

I've got a new head and guts coming tomorrow. I agree that I was lucky. I'm also not happy that it still has ceramic plungers when it had supposedly been updated. This pump does have a screen filter in it...maybe that's what they meant by update. I dont know....but I hope once it's put back together....it solves my fuelling issues
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.