Brake Shoe Issue
10-01-2019, (Subject: Brake Shoe Issue ) 
Brake Shoe Issue
I'm writing today, about an issue with my brake shoe. On my rear axle, the shoe's are wearing down much quicker than the front axle tandem. The rear axle shoe's are not wearing uneven from left side to the right. But the rear axle is wearing much quicker than the front axle tandem. Also, the brake shoe's and drum's were replaced all the same time, with trw parts from the local Kenworth dealer. What could cause this?
TIA

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
10-01-2019, (Subject: Brake Shoe Issue ) 
RE: Brake Shoe Issue
first check to ensure al brakes are in adjustment.

next would be to ride the brakes hard a bit and check them with a thermal camera to identify if there is one or more heating up more or less than the rest. ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...04#pid7804

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
10-02-2019, (Subject: Brake Shoe Issue ) 
im just throwing this out there not sure if it makes a difference or not... i have park brake chambers on my front axle only and just the small service chambers on the rears... i have seen guys mix up short stroke long stroke and different sizes that affect the braking supposedly... for instance maybe 30-30 short stroke on front and 30 long stroke on rear? im not sure just a thought
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Rawze
10-03-2019, (Subject: Brake Shoe Issue ) 
If breaks are wearing fast it’s likely s cam bushings. Especially if the bottom shoe is wearing the most. Automatic slacks trying to keep them in adjustment and dragging because of slop in bushing letting the shoe hang lower than it should.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , SIDE_SHOW , Rawze , Waterloo , slowpoke , Andre_The_Giant , Volvo8873 , MCRENT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.