Possible head/valve problem
10-15-2019, (Subject: Possible head/valve problem ) 
RE: Possible head/valve problem
(10-14-2019 )Downthehaul Wrote:  Interesting I wonder what might cause it. They also said the truck was turned up to 475hp, which made me suspicious. I asked them if that means someone changed the ecm settings in a major way and he said only the horse power was changed, that it wouldn’t cause a noticeable change in mpg. Might that account for the boost pressure?

Dearlersh$its are complete morons who have no clue about that programming in these things.

If it has the wrong program in it then it certainly can cause those types of issues. Here is some reading about that...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1&pid=1#pid1

find out what program it actually has in it according to Insite and post the engine ser# here to see if it is compatible.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
------> Just as an FYI to reiterate how 'professional' those dealers are.... when I purchased my truck, it originally had a CM2250 which fell victim to the infamous fuel pump debacle. The dealership I purchased from replaced the engine with a CM2350 (newer version ISX) and did NOTHING but plug and play. Threw it in and sent it down the road for the next un-suspecting bastard (which would've been me had it not been for the info on this forum).

Literally, they did nothing but remove and install -- Not even the correct injector codes were programmed into the old ECM. To sum it up, it was a CM2250 ECM running a CM2350 engine with zero modifications or programming tweaks in order to make that combo compatible (i.e efficiency and reliability).

Heed the warnings on this site about these types of places. They are very common. Unlike the goals of this site - which is to see YOU succeed, they want the money and then on to the next. You'll def be paying for THEIR mistakes down the road!
replyreply
Chamberpains aint alone I've got a certified cummins crate motor in my truck an it has the weld writing on the head too. Only its serial number just starts with 608 like most remans an i can pull it up in quickserve.

Forgive the oil stains the valve cover gasket started leaking an i havent had a chance too replace it yet.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.