Absolutely stumped!
10-02-2019, (Subject: Absolutely stumped! ) 
Absolutely stumped!
A few weeks ago I made a trip to West Virginia and had a few decent pulls in the mountains. After I was unloaded I noticed a odd sound through my intake... And noticed a lot of black smoke under acceleration. Finally got to where I could track down the issues. Found out I had two bad injectors. Replaced those but the noise is still there and smoke is to.
Did leak down tests. No bubbles.
Checked turbo no leaks.
No obvious leaks in the cac
It only smokes past 25% throttle.

I'm starting to wonder if I burned a valve or cracked a piston ring.

What are some obvious signs of those? I'm still learning the 871.
Any other ideas as to the cause of the sound ( almost like a chuff but muffled) or the black smoke? Any other tests I can do?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

User's Signature: Just another day and another dollar.....+Tax...
replyreply
RE: Absolutely stumped!
is the mandate still on it? if it has been removed who did the programming? rawze and mommaburt just helped me get my 870 straight mine would do the same thing with sometimes i had a bad program and it was jumping modes in the ecm but i also had a laundry list of other problems as well... just a thought?
replyreply
bad valve cam!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Techmech
10-03-2019, (Subject: Absolutely stumped! ) 
I checked the lobe surface of both cams. No pitting no excessive wear.

replyreply
what is the boost levels doing?

does running it on one cylinder at a time reveal anything?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Gotta buy some adapter fittings this week to install my boost gauge.. truck didn't come with one. I ordered one and it came in while I was changing the injectors

replyreply
might be a dumb idea but have you checked the air filter?
replyreply
Yes and cleaned it out...

Update.. something gave... No power beyond maintaining speed and downshifting. Grey smoke at idle from the stack. Severe shaking in the cab at idle. No obvious boost leaks checked all piping and what I could see of the cac. No check engine lights. Exhaust fumes in the cab. No coolant in the oil and no oil in the coolant... That I can see.

Hagg is backed up 3 weeks... Any ideas or recommendations?

replyreply
check the pipe that wraps back around the back side of the engine over to the EGR and then also check on top of the EGR where the pipe comes out of it out to the intake there's a possibility that the pipe going from the EGR valve to the intake popped off the top of the EGR or there is a boot that is part of the pipe behind the engine that blew

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.