Why is my oil black?
11-03-2019, (Subject: Why is my oil black? ) 
RE: Why is my oil black?
Black oil is the sign oil does good job washing carbon deposits. Why engine stuffed with carbon deposits is another question.
replyreply
Sssooo.....do a few oil changes back to back? I’m not sure what you’re implying here

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
(11-03-2019 )DDlighttruck Wrote:  Sssooo.....do a few oil changes back to back? I’m not sure what you’re implying here

yes and no. a few oil changes in short intervals will flush out a lot of carbon and possibly make your oil stay cleaner IF, it's demandated with a good program, not an 870, and you have decent driving habits. If it's a 2250 with 800K on it your probably pissing in the wind trying to keep the oil clean.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
(11-03-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  
(11-03-2019 )DDlighttruck Wrote:  Sssooo.....do a few oil changes back to back? I’m not sure what you’re implying here

yes and no. a few oil changes in short intervals will flush out a lot of carbon and possibly make your oil stay cleaner IF, it's demandated with a good program, not an 870, and you have decent driving habits. If it's a 2250 with 800K on it your probably pissing in the wind trying to keep the oil clean.

It’s a CM870 with a decent tune and demandate

replyreply
On my truck it took 3 or 4 oil changes 12,000 miles intervals to wash out most deposits.
replyreply
This truck ever since I got it almost three years ago was on 12,000 mile service intervals. Only the last two have been stretched out a little more

replyreply
I asked this same question a while back. I was told that it's very hard to keep the oil from turning black in an 870.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DDlighttruck
My 2250’s oil looks similar to the pic Rawze posted. Stays ultra clean until 12-15K then ever so slightly darkens. Before deman it was tar black on first start up after an oil change.

Rawze will you please explain more about oil being “too clean”? Thanks

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
(11-03-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  I asked this same question a while back. I was told that it's very hard to keep the oil from turning black in an 870.

I’d be curious as to the why, but I’m ok with knowing this is normal

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.