Why is my oil black?
11-04-2019, (Subject: Why is my oil black? ) 
RE: Why is my oil black?
Tree98: The first page of this thread, Rawze’s third post on that page.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
Too clean means it’s to lean.
replyreply
Ok, I Am just trying to learn here, too lean causes....????

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
(11-04-2019 )DDlighttruck Wrote:  That’s all I could find on quickserve?

Those are the 2 plugs. If you don't have those 2 then I would consider doing your oil changes with your truck on a serious nose 1st downhill. On mine, that upper Pan area holds at least a 1/2 a gallon of filthy oil.
replyreply
Lean can burn holes through pistons

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
clean oil on a 870 is harder than newer engines. The 870 is old and the turbo setup clunky and slow. Clean oil on a 870 has more to do with driving habits than anything else really once is demandated. The turbo actuator is slow to respond so you always get some soot when getting on the power and most of them have lotsa miles and are tired.

If you are getting into the 7+ with your 870, and it is demandated properly and in good shape chances are your oil stays fairly clean for quite awhile. Anyone with north of 550hp will have a almost impossible time doing this. Its the 450hp trucks that are hypermiled that stay clean. if you have gone non vgt forget about any kind of clean oil as its a soot monster.

Newer engines with electronic turbos react must faster and make much less soot.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , tree98 , Chamberpains , JMBT , Tootall
(11-04-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  
(11-04-2019 )DDlighttruck Wrote:  That’s all I could find on quickserve?

Those are the 2 plugs. If you don't have those 2 then I would consider doing your oil changes with your truck on a serious nose 1st downhill. On mine, that upper Pan area holds at least a 1/2 a gallon of filthy oil.

I’ll take a closer look when I’m not parked in mud. Thanks

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.