Why is my oil black?
10-08-2019, (Subject: Why is my oil black? ) 
RE: Why is my oil black?
(10-08-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  No idling, tri-pac. I pulled the Venturi, and it is still sealed nicely. Now, the differential pressure sensor, center pin is clipped, but I blew air through it, on the intake side, front of Venturi, air passed through it to the back side, EGR side of the DP sensor. Should that not be closed, so that air cannot get through the sensor? Or does it close when power is applied?

I sealed the holes in the DPS, its not functioning so what the heck. Used the red RTV and put her back together. Found the heat Shiel on the EGR valve rotted away, so I ordered a new one, not much left of it. EGR valve body looks good. See no need in taking that off.

Sounds like the sensor went bad.

- (de-mandated engine only) Some guys will fill the DP sensor cross-pipes with red silicone to prevent any bleed-through or pressure getting to the disabled sensor.

-- Maybe take an oil sample and send it to a decent lab. See what soot and other levels are.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , SIDE_SHOW

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is my oil black? - Rawze - 10-08-2019
RE: Why is my oil black? - Unilevers - 11-04-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.