Why is my oil black?
10-09-2019, (Subject: Why is my oil black? ) 
RE: Why is my oil black?
Good to know, when I had the original @m*m^2 the oil stayed nice and honey brown up until 10,000 or so miles with 450 or 485 hp setting and torque at what 1700 or there about. It was nice to see that clean oil, but if running a little dirty will keep things going, I'll take a little dirty. The truck is running incredibly well, knock on wood. Fuel mileage is well over 7 mpg dragging around a dry van with my mid roof, moose slayer bumper along with all of my other nonsense on the truck. I just weighed the tractor with full tanks, 22,350 lbs, she is heavy.

That Tri-Pac of mine is the fuel pig in this equation. This new Evolution unit is sucking a gallon+ an hour, you can watch the fuel gauge on the dash move, seriously. I miss my old Tri-Pac that used half the fuel, I may as well just idle the truck, because I am not seeing any fuel savings. Need to take it in soon for its yearly service, I'll have them see if something is amiss when they hook it up to their diagnostics software.

Then the motor, I really dug into her this past week, it looked good in there, front gear train, valve train and on both the exhaust and intake side. The differential pressure switch was the only real surprise, hopefully the RTV will fix that.

When I was out west, I ran her hard when in the mountains, gave the motor a workout. First time she has seen those in years vs the flat land. The truck performed nicely, kept boost low, RPM above 1500, never touched the cruise control, Jakes were very strong, first time I have turned them on in a long time, like years. I was almost afraid to use them, LOL! Temps were all running within range, nothing weird there, truck ran incredibly well and still is. Those 3:42 gears have to go, just a total dog, I'm thinking 3:70.

Hopefully we will be back to work this week, these contractors are costing me money, I'm finding them to be the same as the local dealership, use at your own peril. You should have seen what I saw yesterday, Larry holding an 8 foot long 1" x 8" at the end, Curly on the tiny contractor table saw using the fence to crosscut a 1" wide piece off the other end of the board. I about had a stroke when I saw that. All I could see was the ambulance coming up the drive. I yelled at them to stop before one of them lost a limb. I picked up my BIG tri-square, within a few feet of both of them, and reminded him that he can use that as a straight edge/fence with his circular saw. Oh yeah! My God...
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is my oil black? - Waterloo - 10-09-2019
RE: Why is my oil black? - Unilevers - 11-04-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.