Question
10-08-2019, (Subject: Question ) 
Question
I have a question, I remember Rawze saying that when paint by hot side is missing that it’s been run hard. Is this something that would stop you from buying?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Question
Pretty blurry pics. If your buying a used truck you will ALWAYS find something about it that you don't like.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia
it is quite blurry pic but as far as can tell, that turbo looks like a reman, was never painted to being with.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Explosia
It didn’t look blurry on my phone, sorry about that. I found where Rawze was talking about this..

EDIT I put a time stamp in, didn’t work for some reason, starts at 6:18

replyreply
Tell us about the truck, what is it, make, model, year, mileage, gearing... A photo of the side of the motor is not very telling. What are you going to use the truck for, what are you planning on hauling, etc, need some info.
replyreply
10-09-2019, (Subject: Question ) 
Just a dry van road truck. I need more room, want a 660 with a studio, but a decent one is a rare find anymore. I’m just being stupid looking at this truck, it’s a 900 with a studio.

I keep my eye out and see a lot of the turbos like this, and for some reason, I always remembered what Rawze said about the turbo.
replyreply
proper gearing, low-roll tires, and everything else fuel-savings related would be as important as anything else.

some similar conversation...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid44016

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(10-09-2019 )Explosia Wrote:  Just a dry van road truck. I need more room, want a 660 with a studio, but a decent one is a rare find anymore. I’m just being stupid looking at this truck, it’s a 900 with a studio.

I keep my eye out and see a lot of the turbos like this, and for some reason, I always remembered what Rawze said about the turbo.

I miss my large cars. My favorite was my 2004 Pete 379 extended hood, with the All American Sleeper, I think that is what it was called. It had a full size Murphy bed in the back wall, a stow away table/dinette and an actual man door on the passenger side of the sleeper. 2005 was the last year for that sleeper, what the hell was Peterbilt thinking, that was the best OEM sleeper ever. Some real thought went into it, and much better than the Studio, I had one of those too.

I loved that Pete, but it had that Cat motor, the bridge motor, 4-5 mpg if you were lucky. It was champagne with burgundy fenders and a lipstick red interior, 550hp, 3:70 gears, 270 wb with an 18 speed. She was gorgeous but too expensive to own due to the poor fuel mileage and the sudden spikes at the pump. But the ride was to die for, I could literally drive that truck from Detroit to Florida in one shot, best seats ever, so comfortable.

You want to make money, the ugly low to the ground aero truck is the way to go, too bad they are scrap when they hit the used truck lot, big money and in need of an in frame, along with all of the other issues they come with, like the emissions, the 3:42 rear ends and or worse, an automatic. The turbo should be the least of your worries. Best to take that diesel mechanics course they advertise on MotorTrend TV, because you will need to learn this stuff if you want to own one of these trucks. And start purchasing the tools and diagnostic gear... Welcome to EPA trucking.

This ProStar will be my last truck. Then I retire and go do something else. Maybe construction, get my builders license.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
[/quote] Best to take that diesel mechanics course they advertise on MotorTrend TV, because you will need to learn this stuff if you want to own one of these trucks. [/quote]

LMFAO!!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.