Possible head/valve problem
10-10-2019, (Subject: Possible head/valve problem ) 
RE: Possible head/valve problem
(10-10-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Cummins cert reman long blocks can be had for $20k-$26k. I think Waterloo is referring to $40k for a complete or "turn key" engine. I'm just picking nits here.

If i had known then what I know now I would have had my truck towed to Mr. Haggs in Georgia to have it overhauled instead of paying a poedunk crap shop to completely screw up an engine swap with a Cummins certified reman long block. I can clearly see that my head is a reman head and that keeps me nervous every time I fire it off.

Serious, Cummins quoted me $28,000 in December of 2014 or 15, I in framed the motor two months later. I called on that same motor, thinking it would be quicker to drop one in, as it was sitting in their back room there at Bridgeway Cummins in New Hudson MI, same motor. Jerry turned around and quoted me $38,000 for that same long block. Not a turn key one either, just a standard no accessories nothing long block... I about fell over. He said all pricing changed on January 1st of that year. Talk about highway robbery. I have no clue what that motor would cost today. And from the sounds of things, I would have probably be in the same boat vs the botched in frame. I had no clue back then how badly Cummins throws these reman crate motors together.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible head/valve problem - Unilevers - 10-09-2019,
RE: Possible head/valve problem - Waterloo - 10-10-2019
RE: Possible head/valve problem - Unilevers - 10-10-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.