For the new guys, Winter is coming, Don't be a VICTIM!
11-13-2019, (Subject: For the new guys, Winter is coming, Don't be a VICTIM! ) 
RE: For the new guys, Winter is coming, Don't be a VICTIM!
(11-13-2019 )Brock Wrote:  Freezing rain followed by 10 - 15 inches of snow over the weekend had me feel the need to chain her up good!!

I gotta say, I'm gonna miss this beast of a truck once its sold. She's built for winters, factory block and oil heater, turbo 2000 air dryer system (leaves the tanks bone dry), 6 air tanks, alcohol sniffer, 6 way locking cuffs that can engage at any speed, 13,000kg bobtail tare weight grips the road nicely and the massive steers actually feel insanely stable. Shes got massive clearance for any snow drifts as well.
I have never seen chains on steers! Wow. Does make sense. I'm guessing your next step beyond this is a tracked vehicle with a fifth wheel!?!
replyreply
12-06-2019, (Subject: For the new guys, Winter is coming, Don't be a VICTIM! ) 
If buying the coiled lines ,get the ( arctic ) lines , there's a big difference.

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
12-06-2019, (Subject: For the new guys, Winter is coming, Don't be a VICTIM! ) 
Tectran is what I use because I like the fact that the gladhad extensions are made of rubber which help keep the hose from breaking off where it connects to the gladhand. I do power only and have gone through 1000’s of trailer hook up’s along with lots of cold arse weather and they have not failed me once.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , SquareOne
12-23-2019, (Subject: For the new guys, Winter is coming, Don't be a VICTIM! ) 
I use these air lines with my flatbed. $130 for the 15' https://www.myteeproducts.com/mytee-3-in...lines.html

only thing I don't like is the red/blue rubber grips by the glad hands. too soft, they flex too much so when i go to hook/unhook it puts a lot of pressure on the hose at the fitting. I took the old hard plastic grips i got from TA and transplanted them on to this one. I have a 15' line with 2 springs mounted on the single clip. I have a 212" wheelbase and the only problem I ran in to was the wrap is so tight it pulled the electric plug out of the tractor on a very tight turn. but i rarely ever jack it around like that. I also don't have room for a front freight overhang, so if you're running flatbed and load past the nose then you may want a little extra line to wrap loosely around the material.

I get all my flatbed supplies there. the 24/7 free lockbox pickup makes it easy to swing by during a run. probably plenty of imported stuff, but the quality has been very good.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.