cm870 wont crank hot
10-12-2019, (Subject: cm870 wont crank hot ) 
RE: cm870 wont crank hot
(10-12-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  Why don't you drive it around and get it hot,then shut it off and start checking connections with a volt meter. You'll need someone to turn the key to the start position while you check to see if your getting power to the starter. If you have power to the starter and it isn't working then it's bad. If no power, start following wires. Really shouldn't be that hard to find. You might have a heat intermittent problem somewhere else.

it has power it tries to crank and will not acts like batteries are weak... it is not intermittent it is when it is hot every time... you are right it should not be hard to find that is why i am posting here all the obvious thing have gone thru and replaced going on the 2nd time now
replyreply
(10-12-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  How's your oil pressure when hot?

oil pressure when hot at 245 at 1600 rpms is down like 32 or so

at 230 it is 34-35
replyreply
(10-12-2019 )Mattman Wrote:  Is the oil making the coolant hot or the coolant making the oil hot?

Have you tried turning the engine by hand when it is hot and starter won't turn it?

the water temp never goes above 211 with fan on full blast the water temp is usually 205 or so and the oil will be 240 ish

i have to get a 3/4 ratchet on monday and try to bar when hot...
replyreply
10-13-2019, (Subject: cm870 wont crank hot ) 
Can I throw something out here, has the oil cooler been replaced? Could explain the coolant loss, which is being burned off in the oil as the temps rise. Sounds a bit like hydro locking and that oil cooler is the first thing that came to mind. Just thought I would throw that out there... I tried to check on Quickserve, to double check my thoughts before posting this, but the site is down for maintenance.
replyreply
(10-12-2019 )SIDE_SHOW Wrote:  
(10-12-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  Why don't you drive it around and get it hot,then shut it off and start checking connections with a volt meter. You'll need someone to turn the key to the start position while you check to see if your getting power to the starter. If you have power to the starter and it isn't working then it's bad. If no power, start following wires. Really shouldn't be that hard to find. You might have a heat intermittent problem somewhere else.

it has power it tries to crank and will not acts like batteries are weak... it is not intermittent it is when it is hot every time... you are right it should not be hard to find that is why i am posting here all the obvious thing have gone thru and replaced going on the 2nd time now

Oh ok, in your first post you said it acts like dead batteries. That's why I said to check connections. There's s difference between dead and weak lol.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(10-13-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Can I throw something out here, has the oil cooler been replaced? Could explain the coolant loss, which is being burned off in the oil as the temps rise. Sounds a bit like hydro locking and that oil cooler is the first thing that came to mind. Just thought I would throw that out there... I tried to check on Quickserve, to double check my thoughts before posting this, but the site is down for maintenance.

There is no coolant loss I thought about oil cooler as well...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Starting to look like an internal hardware problem. Maybe overnight an oil sample to the lab??

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
I would install a starter heat shield. In regard's to your high oil temp's, it could be a bad oil cooler thermostat.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(10-13-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  I would install a starter heat shield. In regard's to your high oil temp's, it could be a bad oil cooler thermostat.

i was going to go ahead and install a blanket on it and see if that makes a diff i dont think it will as it does not seem to be a heat issue as i said i get gallons of the cold water from inside and pour on there till its ice cold to the touch and it makes no diff...

oil cool thermostat it would cuase probs at idle correct? at idle the oil temp will drop within 1 degree of the water temp and stay there until i hit the road...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.