600 series isx oil leak
10-13-2019, (Subject: 600 series isx oil leak ) 
RE: 600 series isx oil leak
I dont know how your money situation is right now but I'd consider washing it then getting it on a dyno.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
10-14-2019, (Subject: 600 series isx oil leak ) 
is it a CM870 (egr only, air operated turbo controller)? or a CM871 (came with DPF, electronic operated turbo controller). If unsure, take some pick of the engine both sides and post them here.

- It would not surprise me if the rear structure is leaking badly. - Abused engines and piss poor driving habbits, this is very common.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Sounds like the CM-870 if there is no crank case pressure filter box and a straight hose to the ground...

The UV oil dye worked extremely well to track down my front cover leak, it took around a dozen of those little bottles, NAPA sells them in half dozen boxes. Wash the motor down, I used hot water, Dawn dishwashing detergent and a few ounces of gasoline and a rag. Drove the truck for around 50 or so miles, got her in a dark garage and used the black light and yellow glasses, the leak was easy to discover, took all of a few seconds to track it down.

The rear of the motor could be the rear structure is leaking or cracked. There is an oil galley that runs from the passenger side of the block through that structure back to the block/pan. If there was any transmission work, like a new clutch, many shops skip the installation of the new structure gasket, which 9 times out of 10 leads to a rear oil leak.

Another place to check... There are two plates on the back of the head that cover the rear end of the cam shafts, I wonder if one of those is not loose? Just need to get your hand back there, each plate is held in place with two 10 or 13mm bolts. Should be easy to check.

And that white steam and pressure, sounds like a liner cut loose, not what you want to hear... Go to NAPA and pick up their block test kit, https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_7001006 Get the engine up to operating temps, and run the test, you will know if there is exhaust gas in the coolant in a matter of minutes. I am surprised that the shop did not run this test... Really not.

I wonder what the oil cooler is doing too... Many shops totally skip replacing that, it is located internally on the passenger side of the block behind the EGR cooler. If it is the original, that needs to be replaced.

And that cracked valve cover? WOW, those lids are tough as nails, there is something going on with that head to crack that valve cover unless the parts monkey used a 1/2" rattle gun to install. I just ran an overhead on mine and used the 1/4" Milwaukee M12 ratchet to set mine as it does not over torque the bolts. Almost sounds like the head is expanding to crack the center bolts on that cover. Something seriously wrong and would not be the first time. Many of us have been there, myself included. I am more of a mechanic now than a truck driver.
replyreply
Something doesn't sound right here. You have blow by and pressure pushing out the oil fill cap and yet nothing coming out the blowby tube.... Is your blowby tube clogged or blocked off? Pull it off the front cover and make sure its clear. If your block cant vent pressure than it gonna push oil seals out everywhere.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Signature620
(10-13-2019 )JAYROD4343 Wrote:  
(10-13-2019 )Moose Wrote:  You need to determine if the CCV is stopped up and if the blowby is excessive and the cause first before you start chasing oil leaks.
Isx 600 no filter I'm pretty sure? Hose right into front of engine. No blow from hose it seems it looks cleaner on inside .

You are correct. No filter. Direct vent out the front gear housing. If it's pushing that hard out of the oil fill cap it should be pushing the same out of the tube. Something is blocked creating positive pressure. You may have bad seals and gaskets but until you get it venting correctly or excessive blowby corrected you will be pissing in the wind.
replyreply
Took it to k.c. Pete of Missouri. They are saying front cover leak . I told Pete in Memphis that I thought it was coming from the front when I took it there. It was the only little drops of oil not under load . Memphis is asking for a quote from k.c. And hopefully they will make it right since they decided to just throw parts at it. We will see bit front cover is definitely leaking the mechanic said . He doesn't know exact yet but somewhere . He said oil would not make it all the way in the front like that driving and even blowing. So I hope he's right and they time her up.
replyreply
(10-14-2019 )JAYROD4343 Wrote:  Took it to k.c. Pete of Missouri. They are saying front cover leak . I told Pete in Memphis that I thought it was coming from the front when I took it there. It was the only little drops of oil not under load . Memphis is asking for a quote from k.c. And hopefully they will make it right since they decided to just throw parts at it. We will see bit front cover is definitely leaking the mechanic said . He doesn't know exact yet but somewhere . He said oil would not make it all the way in the front like that driving and even blowing. So I hope he's right and they time her up.

front cover leak up by the head can also be a sign of worn out or spun cam bearing. hopefully that is not your issue.

I trust a stealersh$it about negative -500% myself. they are incompetent crooks most of the time.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo
cracked valve cover.....i hardly cant beleive that was from the engine causing it.....my 300lb fat ass has stood on mine while pulling and installing my visor with no ill effect.

whoever put it on probably way over tightened the bolts like a jackass.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , tree98 , Volvo8873
10-15-2019, (Subject: 600 series isx oil leak ) 
^^ Lmfao
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.