Driveline stuff
03-28-2020, (Subject: Driveline stuff ) 
RE: Driveline stuff
I'm just a baby at only 183" lol....so hopefully the damage isn't too bad
replyreply
03-28-2020, (Subject: Driveline stuff ) 
A driveline shop who balances driveshafts should be able to see whether your drive shaft is bad or not. They had mine done the same day. Also check the yokes for being egged out.

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply
03-29-2020, (Subject: Driveline stuff ) 
If you have access to a solid concrete surface to park the truck on, you can always put the whole rear of the truck up on Jack stands high enough to get the tires off the ground. Secure it so it won't come off them. Then start the truck up and put it in gear. Then you can watch the tires and drive shafts for things moving up and down. You can also listen for ujoints that may be clicking, rears clunking or whining.... just looking for and listening to anything out of place and making sure everything is running straight and true.

I've found many drive line problems on many trucks this way. You'd be surprised how many times these problems are 1 drive tire out of round or wheel bearing loose. Something simple like that. Every now and then it would be a rear whining or a drive shaft bent. All of which you can find by doing this.

Just be aware that if the truck comes off the stands you had better have someone in the truck to stop it from driving away.
replyreply
03-29-2020, (Subject: Driveline stuff ) 
Heavy Duty / Truckpro in Harahan still does quality work even after Ehrrons passing. If they're not busy normally it'll take them a day. They helped me quite a bit after my debacle. Call me if you need help.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , SquareOne

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.