Engine noise?
10-14-2019, (Subject: Engine noise? ) 
Engine noise?
I have an 06 w900 isx 565. It was deleted before I bought it. Has a different turbo. I'm getting a rattle or chattering noise around 20lbs of boost and 1500rpm that I don't where it's coming from. Any ideas on what it might be? A cummins guy told me to check my turbo compressor. Which I did. It's not hitting the housing but it seems like A lot of play. I'm at wits end with this thing! Just had all 6 injectors replaced too. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
replyreply
10-14-2019, (Subject: Engine noise? ) 
RE: Engine noise?
(10-14-2019 )Coolascanbe77 Wrote:  I have an 06 w900 isx 565. It was deleted before I bought it. Has a different turbo. I'm getting a rattle or chattering noise around 20lbs of boost and 1500rpm that I don't where it's coming from. Any ideas on what it might be? A cummins guy told me to check my turbo compressor. Which I did. It's not hitting the housing but it seems like A lot of play. I'm at wits end with this thing! Just had all 6 injectors replaced too. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It's an 870 if it's a 2006, very difficult to tune properly for a number of reasons that you can find by reading threads on this forum.The FIRST thing you need to do is have someone from this forum look at the demandate program in your ecm. The odds are greatly against it not being an engine destroying copy paste garbage can tune. Your driving a time bomb and if your lucky you could possibly catch it in time.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
10-15-2019, (Subject: Engine noise? ) 
When you say it has a different turbo, what are you referring to? Non VGT?
replyreply
10-15-2019, (Subject: Engine noise? ) 
could also be a drivel-line issue making you thing it is in the engine ...

Crawl under the truck and check the u-joints for play first. Especially the rear u-joint in the rear axle.

==============

Next: Like others have said... there are more bad programs for the ISX running around out there than you can shake a stick at. - a very common symptom of bad programming is excess engine vibrations at roughly the 1400-1450 rpm range. If it is programming that is doing it then it will eventually flatten the crank bearings and beat the engine to death. Seen that plenty on here.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.