ProStar AC Receiver Drier, you need to see this...
10-15-2019, (Subject: ProStar AC Receiver Drier, you need to see this... ) 
ProStar AC Receiver Drier, you need to see this...
Playing with the AC on the ProStar, thought I had a Receiver Drier in the garage, nope... Went to the dealer after searching everywhere for one. They nailed me, $95, but I learned something in the process. I never knew this, but that International ProStar Receiver Drier is a three piece unit.

I never really looked at it, just install the damn thing and go. Well, it is three pieces, a clamshell, the black plastic with the bracket that secures around the actual Receiver Drier.

You can buy that Dryer part for as little as $12 (eBay) and up, and reuse that two piece black bracket/cover.

Here is what this looks like, without cover, just the dryer... https://amzn.to/2VI64jh

Dryer with the bracket/cover... http://www.partdeal.com/mei-receiver-dri...-7416.html

Just thought I would throw that out there for those that did not know. And for those of you who did, shame on you for not saying anything in the multitude of ProStar AC threads here at Rawze.com. And of course Navistar has a part number for both units. Think those bastards would ever mention this?

Complete dryer with bracket is Navistar OEM part # 3666273-C1
Just the dryer, no bracket, Navistar OEM part # 3670134-C1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: HES , hhow55 , Rawze , Nostalgic , Brock , PuroCumminsPower
RE: ProStar AC Receiver Drier, you need to see this...
Ya I replaced mine before going to rawze's dealer got me for 150 bucks for just the dryer and then I saw the "made in China" bullsheet when I put it on was completely appalled I paid that much for crap made in China.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Well now I feel silly. I knew the dryer had a clamshell and all that but I paid like 250 CDN just for the dryer from the stealer... oh well. I froze all summer so I'm not that mad hahaha. Thanks for the info waterloo. Will go that route next time it gets changed.
replyreply
(10-15-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Ya I replaced mine before going to rawze's dealer got me for 150 bucks for just the dryer and then I saw the "made in China" bullsheet when I put it on was completely appalled I paid that much for crap made in China.

Same here, made in China, great big sticker, in your face sized sticker. And here I can get the same unit for $55 at FleetPride, now I am kicking myself for not getting it there and picking it up tomorrow... Just finished putting the railing on the balcony and in process of hanging new shutters, truck is on hold. Grrrrrr! But, the balcony is gorgeous, right out of New Orleans.
replyreply
160$ for the one on a 15 model at fleetpride. Nothing but the drier assembly. No fancy covers.
replyreply
10-16-2019, (Subject: ProStar AC Receiver Drier, you need to see this... ) 
(10-15-2019 )smorgan87 Wrote:  160$ for the one on a 15 model at fleetpride. Nothing but the drier assembly. No fancy covers.

Try http://www.Truckersac.com and see what they are asking, that is outrageous.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87
10-16-2019, (Subject: ProStar AC Receiver Drier, you need to see this... ) 
3666273c1 ASSY Red Dot part# 74R5401........Fleetrite # FLTAC3714009....3670134C1 Dyer only Red Dot part# 74R5405...Fleetrite part# FLTAC3714012...
NAV Assy weirdly shows as less than dryer by itself. Looking at both Red Dot part#'s on the web they look to be dryer only. Four Season crosses both to 33732 dryer only. I'm sure Truck Air can do something with these #'s.
replyreply
05-17-2020, (Subject: ProStar AC Receiver Drier, you need to see this... ) 
My ac is NOT blowing cold. My compressor is working fine, the fan comes on properly and i had the system charged at a TA with no leaks found but still no cold air. Just wondering if this could be my problem, receiver dryer?
replyreply
05-17-2020, (Subject: ProStar AC Receiver Drier, you need to see this... ) 
(05-17-2020 )rapidisimo Wrote:  My ac is NOT blowing cold. My compressor is working fine, the fan comes on properly and i had the system charged at a TA with no leaks found but still no cold air. Just wondering if this could be my problem, receiver dryer?

when it is running, is the pipe coming out of the expansion valve and into the evap. over on the passenger side getting ice cold ?. What are the pressures high side and low side while running? If the pipe is not getting ice cold @ expansion valve then expansion valve may be bad, or compressor may not be making proper pressures.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.