Cummins x15 torque spec
10-15-2019, (Subject: Cummins x15 torque spec ) 
Cummins x15 torque spec
HI wanted to know the how much foot pound of torque to tighten the oil pan in cummins x 15 and for transmission how much. foot pound of torque Thanks in advance[/align]
replyreply
RE: Cummins x15 torque spec
Register the engine on quickserve.com it's free. You'll find all that information and more.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
41 ftlb, but there is a bit more to installing the pan than just installing the bolts, there is a sequence and you need to apply RTV in four places. Get on the Cummins Quickserve site, do it right. Register, it is free, go to the engine assembly section, Lubricating Oil Pan, click on that.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
10-16-2019, (Subject: Cummins x15 torque spec ) 
(10-15-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  41 ftlb, but there is a bit more to installing the pan than just installing the bolts, there is a sequence and you need to apply RTV in four places. Get on the Cummins Quickserve site, do it right. Register, it is free, go to the engine assembly section, Lubricating Oil Pan, click on that.

Brother tnx not the oil pan I am not referring to the oil pan. I need to know the torque on the bolt to the oil drain plug.
replyreply
35 ftlbs... It is right there in the oil pan installation instructions, bottom of page...

I don't know if you know about the Fumoto oil drain valves, but many of us here use them. I won't leave home without mine, lol. They are grease monkey proof, and made of solid brass. I have been using mine for quite a few years.

Here are the ones available for our Cummins oil pans... I use the 2-T11

http://fumotousa.com/results.php?make=14...X%2C+QSX15

You can get these at FleetPride, Amazon and I have seen them at a few dealership parts departments. Torque to 35ftlbs
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , bigben
(10-16-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  35 ftlbs... It is right there in the oil pan installation instructions, bottom of page...

I don't know if you know about the Fumoto oil drain valves, but many of us here use them. I won't leave home without mine, lol. They are grease monkey proof, and made of solid brass. I have been using mine for quite a few years.

Here are the ones available for our Cummins oil pans... I use the 2-T11

http://fumotousa.com/results.php?make=14...X%2C+QSX15

You can get these at FleetPride, Amazon and I have seen them at a few dealership parts departments. Torque to 35ftlbs
Brother just take out the oil drain plug and put it on. Does it need special wrench. I don't want to over tighten it. Lol
replyreply
Been a long time, I forget the socket size needed for the main oil drain plug, 19mm - 24mm? There is also one or two at the rear of the pan, I believe those require a large Allen head, depending on your particular pan.

I don't know how old your truck is, but around the main oil drain hole is where the pan starts to rust and fail. The reason I went with the Fumoto drain plug. So when you are down there, inspect around the hole. Stick your finger inside and feel around the edge for any flacking or cracking of the internal coating of the pan. A new pan will run you around $1200+ from Cummins. There are Chinesium knock offs for around $500. I installed a used Cummins pan several years ago, along with the Fumoto and painted the hell out of the exterior of the pan along with several coatings of POR.

My first original oil pan rotted out in five years, oil weeping through the sides of the pan.
replyreply
(10-16-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Been a long time, I forget the socket size needed for the main oil drain plug, 19mm - 24mm? There is also one or two at the rear of the pan, I believe those require a large Allen head, depending on your particular pan.

I don't know how old your truck is, but around the main oil drain hole is where the pan starts to rust and fail. The reason I went with the Fumoto drain plug. So when you are down there, inspect around the hole. Stick your finger inside and feel around the edge for any flacking or cracking of the internal coating of the pan. A new pan will run you around $1200+ from Cummins. There are Chinesium knock offs for around $500. I installed a used Cummins pan several years ago, along with the Fumoto and painted the hell out of the exterior of the pan along with several coatings of POR.

My first original oil pan rotted out in five years, oil weeping through the sides of the pan.
Tnx a lot brother for all the help. God bless you. I have 2017 KW T 680 with cummkns x 15 it's basically a 2350
replyreply
11-21-2020, (Subject: Cummins x15 torque spec ) 
(10-16-2019 )bigben Wrote:  
(10-16-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  
I have 2017 KW T 680 with cummkns x 15 it's basically a 2350
Whats a 2350? how do these numbers work anyway?

User's Signature: Newbeee O/O
2021 KW T880 5ax. Dumper
X-15 565 @1850 Re-"Productive series"
Allison. 4500RDS
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.