Loss power, slow accelerating, turbo
11-08-2019, (Subject: Loss power, slow accelerating, turbo ) 
RE: Loss power, slow accelerating, turbo
I had an older Mack CH do this pre dpf. Older E-Tech Truck. 0psi of boost and smoking like a pig. Ended up being a old style exhaust brake in the exhaust choking he hell out of the truck. Outside of all the list you already went over I definitely 2nd a potential restriction issue. Maybe hes dropping fuel pressure under load? Seen that a million times, but usually Boost is still higher than 0psi.

(10-16-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  Could be something really stupid like exhaust restriction...
Has anyone bothered to disconnect the exhaust piping off the back of the turbo and take it for a spin to see if the power comes back?
replyreply
(11-07-2019 )Evotrucker Wrote:  So what did mr hagg shop say?

this truck has a CM871...

Hag told me this guys truck, the cans in the exhaust were blocked up from not being done properly + bad de-mandate programming that was so bad, the injection timing was something like negative -10 degree range mid way up the mappings. Truck had almost no boost pressure at all because of bad program, bad injection timing settings, and a badly blocked-up exhaust.

Something about this guy also weirdly insisting that he wants the timing be set so far retarded into the ridiculous zone to make the engine sound some certain way or something. seemed to be hell bent on this for some odd reason (lack of proper knowledge maybe sounds like to me). Started to argue with hag when a decent program was put back in, said it did not sound the same. Hag said engine sounded bad when it arrived (labouring on itself), and now sounds normal (when good maps and programming were put back in),.. but this guy has a screw loose or something if he thinks that his engine was supposed to sound the way it did before fixing it.

He also said this guy has trouble with english, maybe they mis-understood each other? -- keep complaining that everyone lie to him at other shops and want to rip him off like it is some kind of world conspiracy or something against him. He also was arguing that engine did not sound right unless it had some kind of ridiculous negative timing numbers in the maps or some other garbage nonsense.

Last I heard, when test driven, his truck is running normal now, good boost, corrected program, massive exhaust restrictions and someone screwing heavily with injection timing ( a bad Program), etc.etc... seemed to be the bulk of his issues when he had arrived.

i think hag even told the guy to go run the truck and pay later if he felt so much like everyone was trying to be out to get him.

Maybe hag can elaborate better on this, i got the short version over the phone by a couple different people when i asked.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , TruckDoctor , Brock
Interesting story..

Customer shows up, had trouble understanding each other, but stating truck no power no boost. I test drove truck found boost was only getting to 15 psi and was very sluggish. A issue we see more times than I can count. So I had a good idea it was program related. Got back to shop and hooked up to computer. Looked at file and found 11 blocked fault codes. I looked at timing and saw it was all over the board -7 range to 4........So I flashed a MM file in it and test drove again... Boost came up to around 38 and power was back but did feel it had some lag.

We dropped the cans and found it had (3) 1" inch holes drilled and was cracking up. So we fix that issue

Then we pressure tested charge air. Did find intake egr piping leaking we removed and resealed it.

We got done around 7 last night. The driver said he's been lied to by other shops and had his money taken and so on. So I advised him to take the truck and run it if its fixed pay me if not he owes nothing.

The driver left out this morning to see how it runs.

I have to say that I only speak English and may be sometimes there's a translation issue more so than shops lying. I try to make out at times but when a customers shakes his yes when I ask a yes or no question I take it we are good...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: TruckDoctor , Brock
Interesting reading this he posted it wasn't fix yesterday but just left today to try it out... I test drove truck and it was night and day difference to me. I had asked him that night to hook to his trailer test drive it and let me know as he says it only under a load when he has issues.So it would be today before he can get a load....
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
Isn't it in the green regulations book that you need to be able to read and write English to have to get a CDL? {rest of post removed}

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
I have no issues with a man not able to speak english at all just that sometime we may not be able to translate when is needing done or what issues are and so on.... I get it all the time. Most of the time I have to have someone translate and then we can get down to it... But power lose is just that I see to many times these engines go into a silent derate and with codes being blocked you never know root cause.
replyreply
For them engine work good. But still not power and spending 4.5 g/m when I am loaded.
replyreply
MAy need to bring loaded trailer so we can see the same thing you see...
replyreply
also what is boost now under load
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.