No wiring diagram
10-18-2019, (Subject: No wiring diagram ) 
RE: No wiring diagram
Here are the Navistar Bodybuilder wiring schematics. You should find your truck in there somewhere. http://bodybuilder.navistar.com/General/BBcircuitIX.htm
replyreply
BTW: It is my understanding that the only difference of the "skirt" light circuit and the "marker" light circuit and sole reason they are not tied together on the navistar trucks is so that the option can be set in the cab controller to keep them on, or kill them independent of the marker lights (like would be desired on an emergency vehicle) when the battery voltage gets low as part of the "load shedding" program. - otherwise, the skirt lights could have been wired to the same exact circuit as the marker lights.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(10-18-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  if u have the correct fuse, then after unplugging the fuse, one side of the fuse holder will go directly to "A2" on the relay.

"B1" on the relay should be going out the firewall to the lights.

So what is the actual problem any ways? - you never mentioned what your trying to accomplish.
My marker lights are acting up

If fuse F11-D is pulled, there should be no power present at either the outside plug on the firewall, or, like your saying, at the relay, correct? The skirt light circuit and relay should be dead, other than the constant 12V power feeding the relay or the 12V feeding one half of the fuse

Take fuse F11-D and throw it out the window in other words

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
(10-18-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Here are the Navistar Bodybuilder wiring schematics. You should find your truck in there somewhere. http://bodybuilder.navistar.com/General/BBcircuitIX.htm

That’s the book I’m working from. It sounds like maybe Rawze has a newer manual that lists them but I don’t have the schematics for the skirt lights anywhere.

I’m also pretty sure I don’t have a body control module but maybe what Rawze is calling a cab controller is different than a body control module.

Thanks!

replyreply
u said the marker lights are acting up ... the skirt lights are a different circuit than the marker lights.

Is it the marker light acting up? or the skirt lights?

what do you mean by "acting up"?

some history, background, etc. would likely help.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(10-18-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  what do you mean by "acting up"?

some history, background, etc. would likely help.

They started flickering a month or so ago. Not dim to bright, an on and off. Dash lights, clearance lights, taillights, skirt lights, everything. Every single marker light, on, off, on, off.

Yet, if I unplug the skirt light circuit, they go back to normal

Keep in mind I said my skirt light circuit isn’t wired up like it should be. My skirt lights are fed from the rear junction block at the back of the frame, on the marker light circuit

replyreply
Sounds like you may be overloading the circuit... On my Petes, the chicken lights were all on their own separate circuits and switched at the dash. I had four or five different switches in the dash, all dedicated to certain banks of lights. This was before the low power consumption LED lights, you could watch the volt meter drop when you turned them all on at once.

I would wire up the skirt lights to their own circuit/power supply and add a switch. Just off the top of my head having dealt with these things in the past. No desire to have them anymore, too many issues, like you are experiencing.
replyreply
(10-18-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Sounds like you may be overloading the circuit... On my Petes, the chicken lights were all on their own separate circuits and switched at the dash. I had four or five different switches in the dash, all dedicated to certain banks of lights. This was before the low power consumption LED lights, you could watch the volt meter drop when you turned them all on at once.

I would wire up the skirt lights to their own circuit/power supply and add a switch. Just off the top of my head having dealt with these things in the past. No desire to have them anymore, too many issues, like you are experiencing.
I’m not against what you’re suggesting, it is one possibility that’s been kicked around.

If the skirt light fuse is gone....the skirt light relay shouldn’t be getting triggered, correct...? It’s the only relay that clicks when the lights act up

replyreply
Have you replaced the relay? They do fail... The lights on my old trucks were direct wire, no relays, just fuses. Only issues I ever had was from the salt on the roads corroding connections and wires.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.