CM2350 recommendations
10-20-2019, (Subject: CM2350 recommendations ) 
RE: CM2350 recommendations
(10-20-2019 )Zondo956 Wrote:  New long block was installed so engine has 155,000. It is not de mandated. The cans were cleaned before I purchased the truck....

There are a few red flags that many here will see based off this alone. Although not everyone is incompetent in rebuilding one of these engines, it does seem that every situation similar to this leads to an early failure due to a lack of knowledge or care among the 'professional builder'. Watch everything like a hawk. Do oil analysis and stay on top of everything as if you livelihood depends on it (which it does).

- Was the head changed as well? Why the rebuild BTW?
- Did you happen to see the cans while they were removed? What's the mileage on them currently?

(10-20-2019 )Zondo956 Wrote:  ...MPG seem to be good now that it’s my truck and I changed my driving. I drive 55-62mph in and out of neutral 7.5-8.5mpg at the pump and that me idling the truck all night. When I idle I should bump idle up? Lots to learn here.

Those are respectable MPG numbers, especially if you're pulling higher weights and through elevation changing terrain (although we don't know you're application).

- As far as idling is concerned, do as little as possible. An APU would most likely be your best bet, although I don't have any experience as I run a daycab. If you do idle all night, then yes, bump the idle to increase the oil pressure.

You're on the right track being here.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM2350 recommendations - SquareOne - 10-20-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.