My dilemma Cat vs Cummins
10-20-2019, (Subject: My dilemma Cat vs Cummins ) 
RE: My dilemma Cat vs Cummins
SDP was the serial number for the last on highway C15 cat built. It has full emissions.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
Adding this here for those who may not know any better...

if that IVA valve system is disabled and that thing is going down the roads at 19:1 + compression ratio, its going to keep blowing heads and gaskets. Engine was never designed for that. That system was never designed to go down the road with those valves closed, yet i see about every moron with a yellow motor try to make them do it like complete idiots.

just my own 2 cents worth, I am not a cat guy. no one has to agree.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(10-20-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  SDP was the serial number for the last on highway C15 cat built. It has full emissions.

Oh, yes sir. The Regen C15 will bankrupt you. We had 2 of those trucks. Gave one away to another terminal it was constantly giving trouble. The other one stays local now.

About the only trouble the CAT accert engines without Regen have given is the intake actuators and the wiring harness that operates them. Not great on fuel mileage but dependable as you could ask for. No EGR valve or EGR cooler to worry with.

If I had an C15 Regen engine I would get it setup to run the accert non Regen program and leave it alone.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
(10-20-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  if that IVA valve system is disabled and that thing is going down the roads at 18:1 + compression ratio, its going to keep blowing heads and gaskets. Engine was never designed for that. That system was never designed to go down the road with those valves closed, yet i see about every moron with a yellow motor try to make them do it like complete idiots.

just my own 2 cents worth, I am not a cat guy. no one has to agree.

100% bang on Rawze!! I see guys do that all the time and I just cant believe it. Mine was tuned by Unilevers and had factory 18:1 and iva still active and twin turbos still on.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
10-21-2019, (Subject: My dilemma Cat vs Cummins ) 
(10-20-2019 )redbeard Wrote:  After all you have been through, I believe you know the answer.

This forum and the help we receive is a game changer for us. Information is king.

Cummins is not or friend or partner, this is a business and surviving the hurdles thrown at us in today’s engine and profit environment is not great odds.

Caterpillar is proud of there parts, and the platform has been around long enough, good mechanics know them well, but do not freely share there information. We’re at there mercy.

We probably will not get rich in trucking, and I’m saddened to say most will not survive financially nor support a solid retirement with the cards dealt with the level of mechanical service and expense that has became so rampant in this industry.

I’m fourth generation in this business and looking at the end game, just want to keep what I’ve acquired and be comfortable at this point.

This forum gives me hope that we can make this livelihood work to our benefit.

Well said, and spot on. Thank you.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , redbeard

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.