For my own understanding
10-20-2019, (Subject: For my own understanding ) 
RE: For my own understanding
from my understanding, if a o/o cuts corners here and their. Most likely he is going to be hurting in the long run if he doesnt care to much about maintenance and tickets lol...

So my question is at what point does a company need to be profitable? these big corporations/broker like to use the standard $1.80 a mile as a general base line.... tho that number isnt realistic across the board since not every company has there operation costs at $1.80 a mile.

Back when my dad decided to work for him self as a o.o with his own authority, $1.80 was terrible with fuel at almost $5 a gallon " this is back in 2009-2011", also to note this is just in dry van. so when i told broker's i couldn't even think of getting a load 1.80, they responded with a usual remarks as " you are crazy, you will never book a load, etc "

The truth in the matter is, those loads are hot regardless of economic times.... they have to be moved one way or another. they can't just sit at the warehouse collecting dust lol. Some people just decided to work for less and thats that.

after being on this forum for a little over a year, im surprised at what the prices for parts are over there in canada....

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
So just some simple numbers I ran on fuel mileage. If you can go from 6.5 mpg to 8 mpg looks like a rule of thumb would be about 5% improvement to your bottom line. If you can get that fuel savings on the same miles covered. That’s like a 258 gallon per 10000 miles ran savings. That’s around $1000 a month. It definitely helps.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873
(10-20-2019 )Magard Wrote:  So just some simple numbers I ran on fuel mileage. If you can go from 6.5 mpg to 8 mpg looks like a rule of thumb would be about 5% improvement to your bottom line. If you can get that fuel savings on the same miles covered. That’s like a 258 gallon per 10000 miles ran savings. That’s around $1000 a month. It definitely helps.

Ive been as low as around 3 mpg. If I could consistently hit 6 mpg I'd be happy. 7-8 would be like hitting the lottery.

BTW when my pyro was working today, at 62-65 mph, 12-15 pounds boost, I was hitting around 650-700 on the EGT temps. Installed in the exhaust not just tied to the outside. I was running late and needed to hustle

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
(10-20-2019 )DDlighttruck Wrote:  
(10-20-2019 )Magard Wrote:  So just some simple numbers I ran on fuel mileage. If you can go from 6.5 mpg to 8 mpg looks like a rule of thumb would be about 5% improvement to your bottom line. If you can get that fuel savings on the same miles covered. That’s like a 258 gallon per 10000 miles ran savings. That’s around $1000 a month. It definitely helps.

Ive been as low as around 3 mpg. If I could consistently hit 6 mpg I'd be happy. 7-8 would be like hitting the lottery.

BTW when my pyro was working today, at 62-65 mph, 12-15 pounds boost, I was hitting around 650-700 on the EGT temps. Installed in the exhaust not just tied to the outside. I was running late and needed to hustle
that sounds like a good tune. Not over boosting.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.