For my own understanding
10-20-2019, (Subject: For my own understanding ) 
RE: For my own understanding
Fuel is around 40% of gross revenue. That’s an average from my accountant across several O/Os.

I’m seeing a bunch of work dry up, but it’s hard to point fingers at any one thing. It’s getting harder and harder to get loads back to Canada. I’m seeing more empty miles as a result.

There’s also a bunch of “new Canadians” undercutting rates that isn’t helping. I heard, but can’t confirm, that these “new Canadians” use the “church” to own the trucks, any money the “church” gets is tax free.

They also run shell companies so they don’t have to file income tax as an individual. At least in Ontario, it’s called the Driver Inc scam. They incorporate a business to get the tax breaks but are essentially still an employee.

They also run junk equipment for the most part. They staged a protest at the weigh scales a year or two ago, because they were getting overweight tickets. Well then why don’t you run properly specced equipment, and axle weight gauges?? Buncha BS. I paid money to get an accurate axle weight gauge, so I know it can be done

Outbound freight usually pays pretty good. The rates on loads going back to Canada make me scratch my head.

The price of parts is astronomical. The dealer wanted $950 for one brake valve, but could get me a cheaper Bendix part aftermarket. For $600. That same brake valve at a jobber was $200. It’s ridiculous what parts cost

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: For my own understanding - DDlighttruck - 10-20-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.