For my own understanding
10-20-2019, (Subject: For my own understanding ) 
RE: For my own understanding
(10-20-2019 )Magard Wrote:  Fuel cost are similar down here. I try to stay below 35% at 40% I would say long term that’s not gonna work. I’m looking for this kind of info. Like what the normal guy is doing. Because that sets the base line. Like at what point do most fail at. 40% for fuel plus 35% realized cost for driver. Leaves 25% for truck payment insurance and maintenance. So if a truck grosses $15k a month that leaves $3750 for payment and maintenance and insurance. It quickly starts not financially not working. I just wondered if you Canadians were some how functional beyond 40% for fuel. With your maintenance and truck costs I’ll bet 40% for fuel isn’t functional very long. I used to try and keep my fuel around 25% I just can’t stay busy at that level these days. I’m running like 30%-35% mostly now.
I dont think the numbers work. I've had a couple people look at the numbers and it doesnt add up well.
Basically run at a bare minimum, do all the repairs yourself, and be cheap cheap cheap. NOT how you should run a business.

There are other companies I'm considering switching to, but for now I have to grind it out.

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard

Messages In This Thread
RE: For my own understanding - DDlighttruck - 10-20-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.